• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warcraft RPG exerpts now online.

Wayside

Explorer
I'm playing through the Frozen Throne campaigns right now, and it's pretty good stuff (you guys will love the new Demon Hunter model). Any word on whether or not these plot lines are included in the CS?

JoeGKushner

First Post
Another setting book normally wouldn't hold my interest quite so much as this one but I'm a big fan of the computer game so I'll probably break down and get this one.

I really want to get this book, but I don't like the cover art. Maybe I'll take a print from the "collector's edition" of the game and paste it on the cover. :p

Impeesa

Explorer
Me, I love the look of it. Maybe it's just because I've been looking forward to it for so insanely long (or maybe because it covers two of the four games that hooked me at a young age*), but when I saw it there in all its glory I shed a small tear.

And if anyone asks, I'll say that was just a joke or exaggeration. ;)

*Warcraft II and Simcity 2000 on the PC, 1E AD&D and Magic on the table - I credit those four games with permanently hooking me. Now if only the Simcity CCG was as cool as the Warcraft RPG looks...

--Impeesa--

Phaedyme

First Post
Beastman said:
Regarding the magic system: it is rumored to be close to the standard system and it will not use a mana-based system. Thus, still the good/old, loved/hated spell-slot thing. My guess is no spell preparation ahead of time, regardless of spellcasting class. Known spells and spells per day regardless of spellcasting class. Casting known spells from memory and casting non-known-spells by reference or something like that. Just rumours and thoughts...

You're off a bit there. Spellcasting and preparation works just as they do in D&D.

JoeGKushner

First Post
From some of the ads, I think the poster who said that there is no OGC material in the Warcraft RPG is correct. I believe that this is an official D&D game like Kalamar or Ravenloft meaning that there is no SRD to follow and no OGC open for reuse.

Phaedyme

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
From some of the ads, I think the poster who said that there is no OGC material in the Warcraft RPG is correct. I believe that this is an official D&D game like Kalamar or Ravenloft meaning that there is no SRD to follow and no OGC open for reuse.

Oh, whoops.

Phaedyme = Elizabeth Deirdre Brooks = Warcraft Developer.

Remove ads