• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warforged casting spells through chest-attached orb?

rkanodia

First Post
WyzardWhately said:
Or the Matrix of Leadership.
That's exactly how I got on this track to begin with! I was telling my friend that I was thinking about using an attached orb and going Wizard multiclass for Thunderwave. He said, "So what you're saying is, your chest panel pops open, and then the enemies get blasted by the Matrix of Leadership?"

WyzardWhately

First Post
rkanodia said:
That's exactly how I got on this track to begin with! I was telling my friend that I was thinking about using an attached orb and going Wizard multiclass for Thunderwave. He said, "So what you're saying is, your chest panel pops open, and then the enemies get blasted by the Matrix of Leadership?"

Pretty much. Also, I think this character works better as an INT-focused Warlord multiclassed w/ Wizard than a Fighter multiclassed with Wizard. It's also far more appropriate to the bearer of the Matrix of Leadership.

Rechan

Adventurer
I personally have no problem with a warforged "attacking" with an implanted implement. The "Three hands", imho, is a bonus of the race.

Being multi-classed and having multiple magical weapons/implements is its own sacrifice, so I see it as fine.

rkanodia

First Post
WyzardWhately said:
Pretty much. Also, I think this character works better as an INT-focused Warlord multiclassed w/ Wizard than a Fighter multiclassed with Wizard. It's also far more appropriate to the bearer of the Matrix of Leadership.
That was my plan as well.

Rechan said:
I personally have no problem with a warforged "attacking" with an implanted implement. The "Three hands", imho, is a bonus of the race.

Being multi-classed and having multiple magical weapons/implements is its own sacrifice, so I see it as fine.
From my reading of the rules (though admittedly small amount of play), it seems like multiclassing is overly onerous in 4E, and the idea of making it less so appeals to me. But, I would like some assurance that this is intentional, and considered in the overall balance of the race.

Remove ads