• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warforged - Discussion & Ideas

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Will you be using the Warforged (previewed in Dragon) in your (non-Eberron) Campaign? How will you use them? Will you use a similar backstory for the race's creation, and will you keep true to the stats as they are given?

Me, I'm definately using them whenever I get a chance. A psionic/crystalline Warforged would be a nice twist, as would a Warforged that is crafted as a toy rather than a weapon.

Richards

Legend
Why the STAR TREK banner?

And I'll probably allow them in my non-Eberron campaign. Of course, I might look into starting up an Eberron campaign after this one concludes, so maybe I'll just hold off until then.

Johnathan

Klaus

First Post
When I first read about the warforged, I was half-expecting them to be akin to Battle Chasers' war golem, Calibretto (without the laser-aiming, of course). The too-humanoid shape with three fingers isn't quite as exciting for me...

Planesdragon

First Post
Robbert Raets said:
Will you be using the Warforged (previewed in Dragon) in your (non-Eberron) Campaign? How will you use them? Will you use a similar backstory for the race's creation, and will you keep true to the stats as they are given?
If they are OGC'd anytime soon, I'll find a place for them as-written IMC. If not, I'll likely simply redo the same concept.

I've had a cabal of powerful wizards in my setting that use golem-type creatures as weapons and servants. Warforged, from what I've heard, could fit right in.

If WotC doesn't OGC the warforged, I'll probably just make a new all-OGC 'construct' race.

Planesdragon

First Post
Robbert Raets said:
If they are OGC'd anytime soon, I'll find a place for them as-written IMC. If not, I'll likely simply redo the same concept.

I've had a cabal of powerful wizards in my setting that use golem-type creatures as weapons and servants. Warforged, from what I've heard, could fit right in.

If WotC doesn't OGC the warforged, I'll make a new all-OGC 'construct' race for PCs and NPCs.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
It will be very difficult to bring warforged into a game without also bringing in artifcers (their creators).

Warforged need artificers because they do not benefit fully from normal healing magic, and artifecers repair and modify them as well as can heal them fully.

BrooklynKnight said:
It will be very difficult to bring warforged into a game without also bringing in artifcers (their creators).

Warforged need artificers because they do not benefit fully from normal healing magic, and artifecers repair and modify them as well as can heal them fully.
Aren't repair light damage and the related spells also available to sorcerers and wizards?

Arani Korden

First Post
Robbert Raets said:
Will you be using the Warforged (previewed in Dragon) in your (non-Eberron) Campaign?

Kind of. The next fantasy game I run will use BESM d20 as the engine, and BESM d20 has rules for construct pc's out of the box. I'll be using BESM rules, the physical appearence and some of the flavor text from the Warforged, and more flavor text and the name from the Mannikins of FFG's Mythic Races web expansion.

Remove ads