• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warforged + Infusions

s-dub

First Post
Do infusions work on Warforged? I thought not, but I saw in Races of Eberron the Spellcarved Soldier's Rune of Extension. It says that a spell or infusion cast on you is treated as extended, harder to dispell, and makes the runes glow red.

So is this correct, or just another example of prestige class silliness?

Also, if infusions CAN be used on warforged, does that change the whole debate on warforged and spells that target humanoids (hold person, enlarge person, etc.)?

Zurai

First Post
Uh, why would infusions not be able to be cast on warforged? I could have sworn that ECS gave a specific example that warforged artificers could infuse themselves to boost their own built-in armor and weapon.

From ECS, in the entry for Infusions under Artificers:
An artificer's infusions can only be inbued into an item or construct (including warforged).

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
s-dub said:
So is this correct, or just another example of prestige class silliness?
Infusions only work on items on constructs (warforged included). This supercedes the normal spell description (i.e., bull's strength normally targets a creature; a bull's strength infusion targets an item on a creature---the spells benefit applies to the creature with the item).

s-dub said:
Also, if infusions CAN be used on warforged, does that change the whole debate on warforged and spells that target humanoids (hold person, enlarge person, etc.)?
No. Warforged are constructs, not humanoids.

Remove ads