Warforged Puppet Theater

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Anti-Sean said:
Oh, these are good. These are very, very good. Keep 'em coming!
Thank you, however I feel I should warn you; you have now read most of what I have written about them.

The good news is that the next entry is brand new, never before posted :D

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Observers

“Ok, rookie. Here is your first test. Tell me what you see.”

XXXXX “Here? It’s just a puppet show.”

“If you are going to be a ‘Lantern’ you need to spot trouble before it happens. There is a good sized crowd here. Do you see any possible trouble?”

XXXXX “How about that warforged lurking near the alley?”

“Possible, now what is unusual about him?”

XXXXX “I don’t know.”

“Well, in spite of this being a fairly busy intersection, there are no other warforged in sight. Considering that the puppet show is about warforged, wouldn’t you think there would be more of them here?”

XXXXX “Maybe warforged aren’t interested in puppet shows.”

“Fair enough, but then why is that one here? Never mind, you think about it. What else do you notice?”

XXXXX “The beggar on that corner is probably a changeling.”

“What makes you say that?”

XXXXX “He is in too bad of shape. He is missing an arm on one side, and a leg on the other. In training they told us that changelings are often overdramatic especially when trying to be ugly.”

“Good. Do you notice any other changelings here?”

XXXXX “Well, some of the kids are obviously changelings.”

“Other than them.”

XXXXX “No”

“How about the player?”

XXXXX “The narrator? No, he is good with make-up and costumes, but at the moment he is playing an elf, yet I can see some stubble on his chin. He might pass as a half elf, but not an elf.”

“If you say so, anything else?”

XXXXX “No.”

“How about the gnome over there?”

XXXXX “The one with the notebook? I figured he was a reporter.”

“He is. Do you read the papers?”

XXXXX “Some.”

“He’s Lapeeraux Oskilor, theater critic for the Breland Ledger.”

XXXXX “Well that makes sense.”

“Except that this is a bit ‘lowbrow’ for his taste. He prefers the new style of theater. What about the elf standing next to him?”

XXXXX “What about him?”

“He is wearing a signet ring.”

XXXXX “House Phiarlan or House Thuranni?”

“I can’t see it from here, but it’s more likely House Phiarlan.”

XXXXX “Maybe he’s a talent scout.”

“I considered that, but he’s been coming for a couple of months now, yet I don’t think he’s ever approached the people who run the show. There is one other person I want you to consider. The human in the middle of that group, Brown cloak, dark hair, medium build.”

XXXXX “Which one?”

“The one standing behind the blond you winked at earlier.”

XXXXX “Oh him, what about him?”

“Well, he’s not watching the show. He’s scanning the crowd just like you, but he doesn’t work for us.” At which point the human in question looked directly at the pair, Gives them a smile that does not reach his eyes, then turns and walks away.

Last edited:

Remove ads