• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Out Now!

drakhe

First Post
Thanx Chris and big cheers of support for what is to come!!

Chris, huge thanx and congrats on WFRP2. The game is back with a vengeance and you did a realy good job imho. So far I only had 2 minor disturbences, but you've already put one asleep in another thread (fly/hover). The other thing that kinda shook me up while reading the first time through is the disorders. I'll have to see how insanity/disorders work in-game, right now I have the odd feeling the disorders are a bit over the top.

I definitly like the way you worked chaos in the game. Magic has it source in chaos so everybody doing magic (even for good) is playing with dark powers. The game feels even more dark and perilous than what it was in WFRP1. Another thing I realy liked is how you've been able to make the game more compact. Somebody remarked that the whole seems to be closer to the feel of WFB (specificaly how you made magic work), for what I care, you may consider that as a compliment! The sense I got from reading through the book the first time was indeed a sleeker, compacter game with all the flavourings from the previous version retained. I was particularly surprised to see the combat mechanic virtualy unchanged!

Oh and another thank you for being accesible through these and other forums. It's always a big bonus to get answers from the people who built these games, and also means we can send our thanx directly to the people who deserve it. So again: Chris and the whole team at GR and BI that gave us WFRP2: thank you for a supperb Easter gift!

Drakhe,
aka Reinhold Gottesfrieden, judicial champion to Yori, Grand theogonist,
aka Gustav von Steinbeck, duelist extraordinaire.

P.S.: ;-) I know it's very low priority but please do (re)-release Enemy Within, including it's proper ending

Remove ads