• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Warlock 3.5 ?????

gorfnab

First Post
but anyway the warlock/ur priest appeals to me greatly mmmmm :p warlock/ur priest/eldritch disciple :devil: :angel:
Warlock 4/ Binder 1/ Ur-Priest 2/ Eldritch Disciple 2/ Hellfire Warlock 3/ Eldritch Disciple 8. Listed under Ur-Priest is an adaptation where they can worship a dead god. A few of the vestiges (see binder) are dead gods.

Last edited:

Darkoverlord

First Post
Warlock 4/ Binder 1/ Ur-Priest 2/ Eldritch Disciple 2/ Hellfire Warlock 3/ Eldritch Disciple 8. Listed under Ur-Priest is an adaptation where they can worship a dead god. A few of the vestiges (see binder) are dead gods.

I thought that Ur priests where atheists that steal power from the gods :confused: anyway what is the point of taking a binder 1 level ?

Well my main problem is that i already have a 10lvl warlock
STR 10
DEX 12
CON 14
WIS 12
INT 16
CHA 20

I thought of taking him to 12 level and take the imbue item ability but the DM doesnt allow us to make magic items.......:erm:......yeah i know......:hmm:
so I decided to take a prestige class since advancing as a warlock only doesn't give me much support too few spells and i already taken extra invocation twice and still no help.......:.-(

Darkoverlord

First Post
I thought that Ur priests where atheists that steal power from the gods :confused: anyway what is the point of taking a binder 1 level ?

Well my main problem is that i already have a 10lvl warlock
STR 10
DEX 12
CON 14
WIS 12
INT 16
CHA 20

I thought of taking him to 12 level and take the imbue item ability but the DM doesnt allow us to make magic items.......:erm:......yeah i know......:hmm:
so I decided to take a prestige class since advancing as a warlock only doesn't give me much support too few spells and i already taken extra invocation twice and still no help.......:.-(

More precisely:
Empower spell like ability(eldritch blast)
Quicken spell like ability (hideous blow)i will scrap that for eldritch glaive.
Extra invocation X2
And practiced spell caster that is void since it isn't a feat for a warlock.
(This wouldn't have happened if the Dm where to at least give 5 minutes to check my character sheet.....)

What effect would the Practiced Spellcaster feat (CAr
82) have on a warlock?
A strict reading of the feat’s benefit indicates that the
warlock would gain no benefit from Practiced Spellcaster. The
warlock is not a spellcasting class for normal purposes—the
exception noted on page 18 of CAr applies only to prestige
class benefits—and thus it could not be selected as the class to
be affected by this feat.

Ref : D&D FAQ v.3.5 page:28 Update Version: 6/30/08

I have a :
+1 Mithrall shirt enchanted with silent moves+5 (good stuff since i cast walk unseen all the time)
Boots of striding and springing (it give competence bonus +5 jump and +10 movement speed that stacks with Fell flight pretty good)
Chausable of fell power(2d6 in eldritch blast and i spend most of my money getting that but since Eldritch blast is considered weapon like i will stack this to the multipier of the critical :p , its not a +1,+2 enchantment or extra damage but an amplifier so 7:6: x2 for critical hey look its the rules i am not making them.
Periat of health (good stuff saves you from many conditions :p )
Mantle if second chances (....hmmm helpful but not always......especialy when your second chance is also a 1 ....... :.-( )
Ring o sustenance (yeah i know i am a warlock i shoot eldritch blast at will but i also need to eat ,drink ,sleep and sleeping in an ominous dungeon that reeks with negative energy from undead abominations for more that 2 hours is not a wise decision......)

gorfnab

First Post
You get hit with 1 point of Con damage every time you use Hellfire Blast. When you have the vestige Naberius bound you heal 1 point of ability score damage every round, thus allowing you to spam Hellfire every round (just remember to keep your Con score at an odd number). Also one level of Binder gets you the Fort base save boost needed to meet the prereqs for Ur-Priest.

Darkoverlord

First Post
You get hit with 1 point of Con damage every time you use Hellfire Blast. When you have the vestige Naberius bound you heal 1 point of ability score damage every round, thus allowing you to spam Hellfire every round (just remember to keep your Con score at an odd number). Also one level of Binder gets you the Fort base save boost needed to meet the prereqs for Ur-Priest.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :D yeah i can hear it brothers the nine hells are calling me :devil:

warlock 10/binder 1/hell-fire warlock 3.

Duke Arioch

First Post
Warlock 4/ Binder 1/ Ur-Priest 2/ Eldritch Disciple 2/ Hellfire Warlock 3/ Eldritch Disciple 8.
Scrap the last level of Eld Disc and get Mindbender for uber Telepathy. Also, note that this build is VERY skill dependent, and it is very likely you will have skill points stretched pretty tight, especially in single digit levels. Picking human AND getting int 14 is good choice (needles to say you need favored class: any race for this if your DM is strict). Human can escape with int 12 though.
I am currently building this, although I am using Illumian for free caster level boost and cha skill boost. With int 14 I can barely get all skills required for prestige classes, and have to lag in concentration and UMD until late lvls. That makes it highly unplayable if I would start at low lvl, but offers great power, as I am probably starting at lvl 10.

I thought that Ur priests where atheists that steal power from the gods :confused:
Nope, not atheists :D The text clearly says they despise gods. That shows they do believe in them. Just can't stand them. Anyway, as was already said here, they still can worship a dead god, or possibly even a higher power (an outsider of great power, such are lords of Nine Hells... they don't count as gods, but certainly posses power that can be a focus of reverence).

Remove ads