• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock Aproach to the Ninja (Plus FFT Advaced)

Sravoff

First Post
I like the warlock alot. I liek the way its balanced, and very different from any other class.

This also got me thinking about the ninja. So far, I ahve sen injas as rogue wizards/sorcers. Sneaky little things that cast spells.

While thats all well and good, it doesn't fit my vision of the ninja very well. I think the ninja could be better represented as a rogue with invocations, although obvioulsy with different invocation lists.

One thing I thought about were the "veils" from final fantasy tactics advanced. Each veil did a slight bit of damage, and caused an effect. The wood veil caused the target to be paralyzed, metal inflicted slow on them.

Wood-Paralyzation
Metal-slow
Air-movement? teleportation?
Flame-combustible? blisters?
Water-sickness
Earth-Quicksand?

I am not quite sure what each of these veils should do, those are just first drafts.

Also, each veil should ahev a number of "levels" liek level wood veil might daze a creature, while a higher level one would cast an equivelent of a "hold monster spell". Though with different fluff....

What do yoiu think? I know that pretty bare bones, but I wanted to get some of it out there, just to see what peopl thought.

Thanks for reading!
-Sravoff

Sravoff

First Post
Looking at the warlock class again, they unlock more powerful invocations with equivelent spell levels as here.

They get first and second level spells at first level
They get third and fourth at level six
The get fifth and six at level eleven
And the gey higher than level six at level sixteen

Soo keeping that in mind, each veil should have four strengths, one for each time the ninja unlocks the more powerful invocation.

Remove ads