Warlock eldritch blast: precise shot and point blank shot applicable?

Emirikol

Adventurer
My warlock player wants to know if the precise shot and point blank shot are applicable to the eldritch blast or if there's a different feat that's supposed to be used to improve shooting into melee and givng the short range bonus.

Thoughts?

jh

mikebr99

Explorer
Emirikol said:
My warlock player wants to know if the precise shot and point blank shot are applicable to the eldritch blast or if there's a different feat that's supposed to be used to improve shooting into melee and givng the short range bonus.

Thoughts?

jh
Yes, very helpful.
Weapon Focus - rays would also be helpful..

Mike

irdeggman

First Post
Yes and they are almost essential in running a character who wants to help his party.

Point blank shot isn't as useful except as a prerquisite for precise shot (which my warlock PC took as his 1st 2 feats by the way).

Unkabear

First Post
Though seeing how the range of the EB is limited the Point Blank Shot doesn't hurt. But yeah, weapon focus Ray should be on your list.

Klaus

First Post
They are applicable. Point-Blank Shot isn´t too useful (+1 to attack is almost redundant on a touch attack, and +1 damage pales in comparison to, say, 5d6 damage). Precise Shot is great for warlocks who want to hang back and not blast his friends. And to complete the triad, Coordinated Shot (HoB) eliminates the cover bonus your allies might grant to your target.

Remove ads