• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlocks and Rapid Shot, And Gear Questions

Aestolia

First Post
AnonymousOne said:
If I recall this got changed in the Complete Arcane Errata but I'm not sure. Might want to check it out.

Thanks for letting me know. *smiles* hard to keep all the errata's and whatnot memorized at times ^.^

Still puts quicking SLA at 10th level minumum. (1+4 -> 5x2 -> 10)

AnonymousOne

First Post
Aestolia said:
Thanks for letting me know. *smiles* hard to keep all the errata's and whatnot memorized at times ^.^

It's still worth it.

Warlock8/Binder1/Hellfire3/Warlock8

You can invoke, blast, and move in the same round.

Caustic Mire, Hellfire Blast, move. Blast, Invis, Move.

Good stuff.

irdeggman

First Post
Aestolia said:

Yup (that is the way its listed in the accompanying table too).

But it is the only way to get off 2 EBs in a single round.

Not that since warlocks do not get bonus feats and the prequisite:

Prerequisite: Spell-like ability at caster level 10th or higher.

Forces the character to wait until at least 12th level to be eligible.

Just another of those things to point out to those who still feel that the warlock is "overpowered".

Matdeception

First Post
Question. Everyone seems to believe you need to take a one level Dip into Binder in order to bind Naberius, and my question is 'Why?'

Tome of Magic page 72 lists a feat called 'Bind Vestige'

Bind Vestige: You know how to make pacts with otherwordly spirits called vestiges.

No pre-reqs.

Couldn't you just take this feat and forgoe the level dip into Binder? Or has this option been considered, and it was deemed 'A waste of a feat'?

Curious and such.

Also, about Retributive Invisibility. The spell says it does damage when it gets dispelled. So if you free action drop the invisibility, does that count as dispelled?

Last edited:

AnonymousOne

First Post
Matdeception said:
Question. Everyone seems to believe you need to take a one level Dip into Binder in order to bind Naberius, and my question is 'Why?'

Tome of Magic page 72 lists a feat called 'Bind Vestige'

Bind Vestige: You know how to make pacts with otherwordly spirits called vestiges.

No pre-reqs.
The feat restricts which powers of the vestige you get.
If you look at the feat it refers you to table 1-9, that table lists what you get.

You get:
Silver Tongue
You can take 10 on Diplomacy and Bluff checks

And the associated skills with Naberius become in-class for you.

Sorry, no ability damage healing. Plus Binder isn't so bad. Especially for your Warlock. You get the silver tongue and combine that with the Beguiling Influence invocations you have awesome RP skills. The ability damage healing is what you need. You get Disguise Self as a standard action, and you get to use the Command spell.
Matdeception said:
Also, about Retributive Invisibility. The spell says it does damage when it gets dispelled. So if you free action drop the invisibility, does that count as dispelled?
No I don;t think so, I think that is allowing the spell to dissipate. This functions as an anti-dispel function.

Note the text of dispell:
Target or Area: One spellcaster, creature, or object; or 20-ft.-radius burst.
This makes them pay if you're close enough and they burst dispel you.

Matdeception

First Post
Here's a new question concerning Hellfire Blast.

Page 90 of the Fiendish Codex 2 lists the Hellfire Blast Ability as follows

Whenever you use your Eldritch Blast ability, you can change your Eldritch Blast into a Hellfire Blast. A hellfire blast deals your normal eldritch blast damage plus an extra 2d6 points of damage per class level. If your blast hits multiple targets (For example, the eldritch chain or eldritch cone blast shape invocations), each target takes the extra damage. This damage is not fire damage. Hellfire burns hotter than any normal fire, as describe in the side bar on page 119.

My question is whether or not Hellfire Blast counts as an Essence invocation when it comes to Eldritch Blast. While the class lists Hellfire blast as a special ability, I'm rather curious if it's possible to mix other Essence invocations into a Hellfire Blast.

Rather, should Hellfire Blast count as the essence invocation whenever you use it? Or are you allowed to cast Hellfire Blast mixed with the Virtrolic Essence Invocation as well as say, Eldritch Chain?

Thanks in advance.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads