Warlord Flavor (Blood of Kings)

Tony Vargas

Legend
Gotta remember in D&D land that resurrection and similar pretty over the top stuff is happening already by level 8.... ;)
So the 'Prince of the Blood' (young Legendary-Monarch-to-be) theme can at some appropriate level, give you access to a few specific rituals - among them Raise Dead, perhaps with some extra requirements, like the subject must be your, well, subject (in the sense of fealty), for instance. I don't think that's an unprecedented thing for Themes, or even Backgrounds, to do.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
So the 'Prince of the Blood' (young Legendary-Monarch-to-be) theme can at some appropriate level, give you access to a few specific rituals - among them Raise Dead, perhaps with some extra requirements, like the subject must be your, well, subject (in the sense of fealty), for instance. I don't think that's an unprecedented thing for Themes, or even Backgrounds, to do.

The concept of the Blood Brotherhood rite (Comrades Succor with Reflavoring) is rather like creating a Heritage almost like a Bloodline ... creating a connection between groups of heros familial almost. It sort of blurs those lines in a less hierarchical way.... than the "subject" bit. King Arthur brings back fellow heroes with the grail

Tony Vargas

Legend
The concept of the Blood Brotherhood rite (Comrades Succor with Reflavoring) is rather like creating a Heritage almost like a Bloodline ... creating a connection between groups of heros familial almost. It sort of blurs those lines in a less hierarchical way.... than the "subject" bit. King Arthur brings back fellow heroes with the grail
Maybe you could have an 8th level advanced version of it, where the sanguine siblings (because 'brother' is all sexist, and alliteration is still fun), can get together, contribute surges, and bring a recently-slain sibling back to life?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Maybe you could have an 8th level advanced version of it, where the sanguine siblings (because 'brother' is all sexist, and alliteration is still fun), can get together, contribute surges, and bring a recently-slain sibling back to life?

Well I suppose I will call that rite a Blood Bond instead to avoid the sexist bit...

I hadnt thought about making this grail rite use healing surges for some reason the karma points (invisible treasure) seem to work so well... but.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Well I suppose I will call that rite a Blood Bond instead to avoid the sexist bit...
Don't feel the need, I'm compulsive that way, same as I am with putting in too much detail. ;)

I hadnt thought about making this grail rite use healing surges for some reason the karma points (invisible treasure) seem to work so well... but.
I was just riff'n off the Blood Bond ritual.

Oh, and I quickly DDI'd Themes for mention of rituals and there were several, one outright gave you Ritual Caster at 5th, one let you learn a specific type of ritual from 1st level on, and some others gave you a specific ritual either at 1st or 5th. I was also thinking a Theme utility power would be a way to slip things in.

darkbard

Legend
Oh, and I quickly DDI'd Themes for mention of rituals and there were several, one outright gave you Ritual Caster at 5th, one let you learn a specific type of ritual from 1st level on, and some others gave you a specific ritual either at 1st or 5th. I was also thinking a Theme utility power would be a way to slip things in.

Also, don't forget that the Eberron dragonmarked themes also bestow ritual use, often once per day without component cost.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Don't feel the need, I'm compulsive that way, same as I am with putting in too much detail. ;)

I think in this case it works just fine for the rite ... thought how to refer to the hero group created... sanguine siblings sure sounds silly

One Theme also gives alchemist out of the box...

A theme could certainly be used to give flavor a handle.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight

I can simply make the Blood bond a prereq for the Grail Quest

Remove ads