Warlords of the Accordlands - Wow!

Ghostwind

First Post
I picked up the 4 Warlords books at Origins. When I got home last night, I sat down and started reading through the books a little at a time. All I can say is, "Wow!" The setting book and master codex is eesentially exactly the kind of campaign setting I have been after for the past several years. Evil is truely evil, not some shade of PC gray. Heroes are in short supply and the BBEG isn't stupid. This is definitely going to be a campaign that I am going to run in the near future.

Turjan

Explorer
Just to get done with it:
  • "What did you say? Warlords of the Accordionlands? The land of everlasting squeezebox music?"
  • "Accordlands? That's directly east of the Civiclands, right?"
With this out of the way, we can go back to the regularly scheduled program.

What's so special about the Accordlands then?

Kunimatyu

First Post
I'd love to hear more about the setting -- I'm partially familar with it from reading the old WL CCG website material, and I'm curious. Who's the BBEG? How do you recouncile mixed parties when so many of the factions outright hate eat other?

Are the feats/monsters well-designed in particular, or do they suffer from AEG's often 'imprecise' grasp of d20 mechanics?

Kunimatyu

First Post
I'm baffled that AEG released them all at once -- a release every 2-3 months would have made them more practical to buy.

Crothian

First Post
Kunimatyu said:
I'm baffled that AEG released them all at once -- a release every 2-3 months would have made them more practical to buy.

I imagine it was cheaper to print them all at the same time though.

catsclaw227

First Post
These books are pretty big. Reading through the marketing copy, it looks like they combined a bunch of OGL stuff and filled the books with reference information.

I am curious about this too, is it low magic? high magic? What's the hook?

Kunimatyu

First Post
Point.

The Monsters and Lairs book looks neat -- they've got multiple CR versions of the standard monsters, and included lairs for easy adventures. I hope Wizards pays attention for 4E -- 4 orcs of varying levels + lair beats having orcs, rasts, ravids, and phantom fungi.

Remove ads