Warmachine and IKCS

Well, I was just reading some blurbs over at Privateer Press about their campaign setting, and -- although I guess I'd heard this second hand before -- it certainly says it will be 3.5 compatible. [sigh] I wonder if that means I'll have to buy the 3.5 PHB after all?

Also, my local gaming store, which is otherwise pretty good, hasn't even heard of Warmachine and those minis rock the casbah -- is there a good place to order them online? Privateer has a direct store, but the only thing for sale in it is the Monsternomicon. Also, when did the Witchfire Trilogy go out of print? At least I've got my copy already...

Olive

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
Also, when did the Witchfire Trilogy go out of print? At least I've got my copy already...

It seems so...

Anyone know where to get a copy of the second part online? Or second hand?

Azure Trance

First Post
I had to actually find a little known store from Canada actually, though I don't remember who told me nor what it is now. UncleJebs or something?

Joshua:

The WARMachine mini's do indeed rock! I am collecting & painting them myself too for an ( eventual ) IK/Steam campaign.

My recommendation is to order from:

http://www.thewarstore.com

I have only ordered from them once so far, but the service was excellent and fast - They shipped my $100 order for free. ( I did my homework before ordering - I asked the ENWorld community for advice - I almost made the mistake of ordering from New Wave)

I am also buying many of the Rackham "Confrontation" line of mini's for my IK/Steam Campaign. The scale of the models fits very well with the Privateer mini's.

Check out the attached pic for an example of one. This mini is from the 3 pack of Reapers of Alahan ( Lions of Alahan page ):

http://thewarstore.com/acatalog/Lions_of_Alahan.html

Also look for the

Griffin Thallions

Darkness Hunters

Griffin Fusiliers

http://thewarstore.com/acatalog/Griffin_of_Akkylannia.html

Warning: buying these is addictive!

Olive:

check out

http://www.nobleknightgames.com/

just do a search on "witchfire"

It looks like they currently have all three of the books in the trilogy listed on his site.

I highly recommend Noble Knight - Aaron runs the site and has always treated me and those I have referred very well.

PS - I CANT WAIT for The Fantasy Flight Book!

Attachments

• alahan reaper.jpg
    alahan reaper.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

You got that right -- I've sent e-mails to FFG to figure out what the heck the delay is. The good news, the book should be shipping within a few weeks or so. The bad news is, it should have shipped in May! :(

PS: BFG, which models in particular are you using? I'm especially excited about coopting the Man-o-war shocktroops as generic steam-powered armor.

Last edited:

I'm still formulating my mini plans for my IK/Steam Campaign, but fear I am going way overboard. - Especially considering that my current SL campaign is still going very strong at 8th level ( about 9 months into it )...

Well, I'm buying all the War Machine line so far, and will paint some of the steamjacks generically enough so that they do not have to be from any specific nation or region. Looks like the Protectorate 'jacks would be the most diffucult to use for this purpose, as they have crosses all over them.

I figured out pretty quick NOT to buy any of the current steamjacks in the blisters, as it is cheaper to get them from the boxed sets. This policy of mine will of course change in the next few weeks when the next steamjack blisters arrive - They will be different from the current ones ( looking forward to the Cryx REAPER Helljack ). In a perfect world ( ie -- I was rich !), I'd buy two of each box set so I can have large regional representation, and a bunch of generics/older warjacks.

The more difficult part of providing mini's for a game set in the IK/Steam setting is finding some to represent PC's & NPC's. Although guns will not replace more conventional weapons ( as they will be $, and will not have a rapid fire rate etc... ) it would be nice to have a good selection of mini's with appropriate guns. This notion is what led me to buying the Confronation mini's, especially the one's I pointed out above.

Like I said, I'm getting way into preparing for this future campaign by buying mini's ahead of time. I sure hope I'll find some player's that are interested!!

The newest Reaper ( Warlord ) Orc's have boar-like head/tusks that would be perfect for the Farrow ( Monsternomicon)...

Confronation's wolfen figures will work fine as the Tharn (Monsternomicon again ). Most of them won't need or have guns of course, but check this out: ( attached pic )

edit: a few spellings

Attachments

• could be tharn.jpg
    could be tharn.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

The only problem I have is that the warjack variants are all well and good for a wargame, but for a more RPG kinda game, I wonder how much I'd really actually use them, without integrating the military a lot more than I have planned. I suppose GW has a lot of bits like big drill heads and circular saws that would make for conversions of warjacks into industrial steamjacks relatively easy. I'd like to see some models for industrial 'jacks too, and as you say, more PC ish minis.

Last edited:

There are a few Warmachine models which aren't showing on thewarstore for some reason, but which would make decent PC models.

This Longgunner, for instance.

Attachments

• long gunner mini.jpg
    long gunner mini.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 215

Remove ads