Warriors Of The Coast

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
DEFCON 1 said:
The two men walk through town for about seven or eight minutes and as they approach the South Wall district, they notice Watchmaster Silversun crossing down from them towards the Militia Outpost to the right.

Ari quickens his step when he sees the elven watchman. "Silversun! Ho!" When he notices Silversun turn, the hexer quickly jogs up to him. Ari cannot quite make out the look on his face. Annoyance? Relief? Elves were still a bit of a mystery to him.

"Silversun, I've been asked by Chapterhouse Master d'Tharashk regarding the presence of any dragonshards amongst the raiders. They have an interest in procuring any you have."
At this, Ari rubs his fingers together, the universal sign of coin.

While the watchman thinks over Ari's words, the hexer looks around the Outpost. Definitely not as well manned as the last time I was through. Can't let those scaly bastards through. Gesturing to himself and Taviss, Ari offers their services. "Also looks like you could benefit from a few strong arms." The next is with a slight bow, "As usual, our services are yours to command."

Bront

The man with the probe
Zan continues to examine the maps, ignoring most of Nelson's ranting. 'Must have hit a bad memory with that dress comment,' he thinks to himself with a slight chuckle.

Once he's done, he turns to Mrs. Silversun and says "If you insist ma'am, I'll go look for the twins. I'm sure they're fine though."

Zan rises, using his quarterstaff that'd been leaning against a chair near him to pull himself up, before he offers his hand to Khalia, "Shall we?"

drothgery

First Post
Bront said:
Zan rises, using his quarterstaff that'd been leaning against a chair near him to pull himself up, before he offers his hand to Khalia, "Shall we?"

Khalia takes his hand and rises. "If we intend to go looking for trouble -- and seeking out the twins in Nelson's company is surely that -- then I really should change. This..." she said, smoothing a dress that none but a noblewoman would be wearing in village inn, "... is well enough here in town, but father's letter of credit is running late, and I don't want to have to hire a laundress more often than I need to until it arrives. Wait for me."

And then she disappeared into her room, re-emerging little over two minutes later (anyone with any experience with noblewomen at all would have been shocked at how quickly she changed) in a suit of obviously custom-made leather armor, and with a crossbow that somehow did not look out of place in her hand.

Last edited:

Greatfrito

First Post
Previous Post:
[sblock]
DEFCON 1 said:
Watchmen Barr's eyes light up when he hears Amy's response. "Really? Terrific! I knew I could count on you, my friend!" His smile is wide as he looks around the outpost, and he sees out the door the Watchmaster walking towards the building. "Wonderful! Silversun is coming. I'll be able to tell him the good news! We're going to need you today, I think."
[/sblock]

DEFCON 1 said:
Suddenly, both Dyne and Barr hear the prisoner's voice shout out from the back of the room...

Amy turns toward the cell and the young man within. He stares for a moment, listening to Garrick's cries, and then begins to chuckle.

"Oh, lad, you just can't keep yourself away from trouble, can you?"

He turns to Simon,

"Why's he in 'ere? I thought th' guard was givin' up on him - lettin' him go run with the scalies all he could dream?"

Before Barr can respond, Amy turns back to the cell, smiling. He shakes his head.

"So what was't this time, eh? Runnin' wild in the wilderness s'much that they have to lock you up? I'd say that's th' worst case a' wanderlust I ever did see. Mayhaps its safer fer you to stay 'ere then? Don't want y'out if you can't control yourself and stay safe lad."

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
drothgery said:
Khalia takes his hand and rises. "If we intend to go looking for trouble -- and seeking out the twins in Nelson's company is surely that -- then I really should change. This..." she said, smoothing a dress that none but a noblewoman would be wearing in village inn, "... is well enough here in town, but father's letter of credit is running late, and I don't want to have to hire a laundress more often than I need to until it arrives. Wait for me."

And then she disappeared into her room, re-emerging little two minutes later (anyone with any experience with noblewomen at all would have been shocked at how quickly she changed) in a suit of obviously custom-made leather armor, and with a crossbow that somehow did not look out of place in her hand.
"Then let us be off," Zan says. "Would be nice to find them before the sun sets. As they say, Krish m'ric tarr russ garr kush ki'tar*."

*Draconic for "The sun only warms the scales for so long."

Last edited:

James Heard

Explorer
drothgery said:
Nelson rolls his eyes. This one will have a litter or three before we can ship her back to where she belongs.

"M'lady might want t'check her intimates for egg sacks as well. There's more'n a few critters that like nothing more than t'breed themselves in the nice warm spots of a pretty girl. Not much left after that but t'give them th'bottle and slit their throats as a'mercy then, which would be unfortunate for yer laundress. Bloat up bigger'n to fit inside a coffin they do, so you have to burn 'em." he called out after her as she left to change, shaking his head in disgust at the woman's insanity.

"Zan, you've certainly found yourself a fine one this time. Be careful about your airs, because it's likely that you're just another page in a book to that one." he said pointedly.

"I'm going to go on t'find the twins and see what's keeping them. You heel here with your Master, but I have no time for people who worry about their linen more than they do people..."

"Or at least some people." he amended, and looked toward the room, shaking his head. Nelson then unceremoniously leaves the inn without looking back.

Bront

The man with the probe
James Heard said:
"Zan, you've certainly found yourself a fine one this time. Be careful about your airs, because it's likely that you're just another page in a book to that one." he said pointedly.

"I'm going to go on t'find the twins and see what's keeping them. You heel here with your Master, but I have no time for people who worry about their linen more than they do people..."
Zan looks slightly puzzled at Nelson, "Is there something you're infering Nelson? I would expect nothing less from Khalia, as she's just here doing research. When she's done, she'll move on, as I'd have expected her too."

Zan never was too good at reading much into people, let alone being short sighted about relationship beyond a friendship or aquaintence. Still, Nelson seemed to have a point about his jabs, if Zan could only understand what.

"Besides, I'd think just a moment of your time is well worth the chowder you'd find once it's over. But, if you insist, go about looking on your own. I'm sure you can handle anything that might be delaying the twins by yourself."

Zan's logic was always fairly blunt, sometimes sounding insulting, though he never looked at it as such. It certaintly took some getting used to. Tact was never a strong point for him.

drothgery

First Post
Flame forgive me, I almost hope I'll have an opportunity to show that boy that a temple archivist is not merely a rich girl who reads old books and digs through even older ruins. This... she thought, as she laid out her weapons, armor, and spell components. ... is not for show. That I have no intention of ruining a beautiful dress is completely beside the point.

Ringmereth

First Post
Taviss nods at Ari's offer, meanwhile wondering what the Magistrate might have been hurrying towards. He only half-listens to the hexblade's persuasive manners, but shares a look with him as they eye the under-manned post. Could be good for th' House to be recruitin' left and right, lizards rising as they are. But they don't care for Seawall, they care about them dragonshards.

Greatfrito said:
Amy turns toward the cell and the young man within. He stares for a moment, listening to Garrick's cries, and then begins to chuckle.

"Oh, lad, you just can't keep yourself away from trouble, can you?"

He turns to Simon,

"Why's he in 'ere? I thought th' guard was givin' up on him - lettin' him go run with the scalies all he could dream?"

Before Barr can respond, Amy turns back to the cell, smiling. He shakes his head.

"So what was't this time, eh? Runnin' wild in the wilderness s'much that they have to lock you up? I'd say that's th' worst case a' wanderlust I ever did see. Mayhaps its safer fer you to stay 'ere then? Don't want y'out if you can't control yourself and stay safe lad."

Garrick grins through his cell bars.

"What did I do? What did I do? I beat House d’Tharashk to a vein of dragonshards, that's what I did. They don't like the fact that a young, strapping upstart such as myself outfoxed, outwitted and out-explored them, that's what I did. Now, can you get me out of this pen?"

Remove ads