• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warriors Of The Coast

Ringmereth

First Post
For the first time anyone had seen this day, a brief grin cracks across Taviss' grizzled face. Great. I don't get fights worth fighting every day. His hand falls to his dagger, rubbing his thumb and forefinger across the familiar leather handle. "O' course, Watchmaster," he replies. "I'll drop some lizards for yeh an' y' son."

Jarga was getting anxious to leave the town. With trouble afoot outside the city, he felt out of place wasting time within it. Maybe working wi' Ari can pay right. Get a better hunt than th' everyday route.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Nelson Luttin said:
"How did this happened? Was it the Lizards or something else?"
"Lizards to be sure. She hasn't told us much of anything, yet. Still in shock, I'd think. Brother's missing, she's hurt bad. Hopefully after she's patch up she can tell us a bit more."

Watchman Rodden, Jina, and Nelson continue moving through the streets, until they see a small templish structure whose signage says "Healer's Compound". They begin walking up towards it, but before they can get to the front door it is flung wide from the inside and a young halfling man steps out.

"Goodness gracious me! Looks a mess! Please come in!"

He leads the three into the building, through the main hall, and out the back into the enclosed courtyard. Here they can see a number of people from town lying on wooden beds or sitting on stone perches while a number of the Compound's employees tend to their wounds. The halfling leads the Watchman over to an open bench and motions for him to lie her down. He steps over to the girl, rips open her blouse so he can inspect both her torso and arm wounds, and tsk tsks while he works.

"Arm is not too bad. Deep cut, but nothing we can't stitch up. But that stomach will need something more lest it heal improperly." He looks at the three of them with kindly eyes. "Wait right here, please. I'll have Kieran over in a second to start on the arm, while I check to see if Mistress Juja is available." He pats Jina on the shoulder and smiles brightly. "Don't worry, young lady... the Mistress will have you good as new in no time, I'm sure!"

He then rushes off into the building, leaving Jina, Nelson, and Watchman Rodden to wait.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
DEFCON 1 said:
"Tell d'Tharashk he's got another contract. I'm hiring you guys personally. You're hunters... please go find my boy."
Ari makes a quick bow. He is all business now. "We shall succeed, you have my oath on it." He turns to his companion, noting the look in his eye. "Taviss, once we get to the Jorasco's, ask that guard where he found her. I'd like for you to search for tracks. Once were are done with Jina, we can catch up." Noting Khalia and the Zan following, he nods at them as well. "Looks like we'll be working together. I'll need to the two of you to talk to Jina, see if anything she says jogs loose anything in those well-packed head of yours." Turning away, he begins to jog towards Madam Juja's. "Follow as soon as you can. I need to ask the halfling what the wounds tell us before she removes them all!" And with that, he speeds away.

OOC: I know he couldn't do an active Listen check, but if Ari heard Garrick's "confession", let me know so he can file it away for later.

drothgery

First Post
The Archivist arched an eyebrow at Ari's attempt to give her orders, but kept on to the healer's. "If she cures Jina magically -- as I will if Mistress Juja has not by the time we get there; I have some small ability there -- there will be no traces remaining after she does." She said in passing.

It's not the time to argue over proprieties. I know we Thranes have a well-deserved reputation for arrogance -- a charge I am hardly immune to -- but he should know better than that.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
"Then let us make haste there so Jina suffers as little as possable," Zan says, looking between Khalia and Ari, almost expecting Khalia to blow up and pleasantly suprised when she doesn't. "She's in good hands, but the more we learn from her, the sooner we can make sure her brother is in good hands as well."

James Heard

Explorer
DEFCON 1 said:
"Don't worry, young lady... the Mistress will have you good as new in no time, I'm sure!"

He then rushes off into the building, leaving Jina, Nelson, and Watchman Rodden to wait.

Not having time to collect his thoughts otherwise, and trapped inside the healer's house with the Watchman and wounded elf, Nelson bided his time waiting for the healer to arrive by trying to discern the body language of the Watchman and mopping Jina's brow absent-mindedly.

OOC: Sense Motive (hunch) on the Watchman, trying to see if there's something else he could tell me but isn't.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As Garrick's shouts for release reverberate through the group outside right as they prepare to leave, Citen Boggs quickly walks up to the cell, pulls out a keyring from his pocket, and opens the door. Garrick comes bounding out and Boggs nods as the young man takes off after the group. "Good luck, Garrick. Get those lizards for me!"
Khalia said:
"Please count on my aid in this."
Taviss said:
"O' course, Watchmaster, I'll drop some lizards for yeh an' y' son."
Watchmaster Silversun nods to both of them as the group continues it's march to the Compound. "Thank you both. I don't know what is going to happen here, but your assistance on my behalf will be much appreciated."

As the halfling trundles off, Nelson glances back and looks at Watchman Rodden... who is looking concerned down at Jina on the bed. After a couple of seconds, Nelson turns back to the girl, nothing of note having caught his attention [Sense Motive TN ?? / 5+6=11 *failure*].

After a few moments, an older halfing woman comes out from inside the building. Those that turn to her see a face of contentment and wisdom, and she walks slowly but with a purpose towards Jina on the bed. The hafling man follows closely behind, like a puppy following it's mother. Mistress Juja arrives at the bed and smiles at the three of them there. "Good day to you all. The Sovereign Host look favorably upon each of you." Nelson easily notices [Spot TN 10 / 13+2=15 *success*] the goodly sized bluish dragonmark on the back of her neck, and as she places her hand upon the wound on Jina's abdomen, it begins to glow with a pale inner light.

Watchman Rodden is fascinated by the whole scene, and Jina herself can feel a warm, inviting energy flow into her body. The sharp, shooting pains begin to subside, and within a few moments she feels better than she ever has before.

With Ari moving off ahead of the group, Taviss, Amy, Garrick, Khalia and Zan all follow the Watchmaster through several cross streets, and up ahead they each notice the signage for the Compound. Standing out front are a number of interested passerby, most of which had been following Nelson and the Watchman as they entered the building. The group parts as the Watchmaster and entourage move to the door, and after a swift and hard knock, the entire group is allowed into the building and taken out the back into the courtyard.

When the elder elf sees his young daughter standing upright and smiling alongside Mistress Juja, Rodden, and that Luttin boy... a look of relief washes over his face. He calls out her name, and immediately she looks up, sees her father, breaks into tears, and rushes into his arms.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Seeing the elf girl all healed, Ari curses under his breath. Damn! If only I could have gotten through that crowd sooner. Wasting no time, he ignores the potentially touching reunion scene to get down to work. While everyone else is distracted, he slides up to Mistress Juja, and makes a slight bow to the healer. "Mistress Juja. I have been charged with finding Jina's brother, and I require your assistance. I would appreciate it if you could tell me anything you noticed about Jina's wounds---type of weapon, unusual markings, approximate time they were received, things of that nature. Please, anything you tell me could be of use."

OOC: Gather Info check from the healer, if necissary. BTW: Did Ari hear Garrick's confession (see earlier post)?

drothgery

First Post
Seeing that the healer had clearly already tended to Jina, Khalia looked around the others who had brought her back. "Was anyone else seriously injured?" She asked.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads