• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Was this fair

A solo gestault character of 4th/4th should play in a

• 1st level module

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • 2nd level module

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • 3rd level module

Votes: 54 38.8%
  • 4th level module

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • should not be solo-dm'd in a module

Votes: 14 10.1%

• Poll closed .

Beholder Bob

First Post
IronWolf said:
...I haven't read or I missed it, is your wife an experienced DM? That can make a large difference as to how difficult a module is perceived.

My wife is not very experienced in DnD mechanics, though she has gamed for some time now. She errs on the side of kindness, something I'm trying to fix. For example, the Mephit encounter, she said they initially melee with me - I convinced her to have them employ spell ability or breath weapon instead. They did - ouch!

Steverooo said:
ASSUMING you did the Gestalting correctly...]
Yep! Not arranged for maximum boom, I squeek by with 2 sp per level, d8 hd (I'm a modified hex blade, I get d8 hd, base attack and spells as a bard, and 2 good saves - fort & will, listed in the thread "Classes - Help me find balance", http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=122937).

The character is not optimized for solo play - my HP are not great, my AC isn't exactly something to brag about for my level, but he is an awesome son-of-a-bitch! Not in power, but in rude, crude, bullyish sort of way. He's also very cocky and easily overestimates his power. Its okay if he dies - I just enjoy playing him on the way to it.

Note: this is the character from the posting "Plots - Rook - a rotten bastard" at http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=126700

Finally - the shield was part of the adventure - I got it, the key and directions to the dungeon from the guy running the inn. Go figure.

B:]B

Beholder Bob

First Post
Ok - now I'm getting grumpy - 13 responses to no solo dming, and not a single why.

Careful folks, at my age, its only a few steps from grumpy to cranky, and when I get cranky.....

B:]B

Remove ads