• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer Watch these preview videos -- SPELLJAMMER minis, Adventures in Space, Trailer

Here are three of the SPELLJAMMER preview videos show during today's D&D Direct event.

Here are three of the SPELLJAMMER preview videos shown during today's D&D Direct event.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.46.58 PM.png

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I hope enough other veteran Spelljammer fans agree. Not looking forward to another Ravenloft response.
Sure. Some people are going to complain no matter what. Some want an exact reproduction without a single thing changed and others want Spelljammer in name only, with every hint of joy and goofy character removed. All I need is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.

My take is that I can use whatever bits of setting and lore I want from the original or the Moons or 4E or the new one. I‘m just lazy and don’t want to do all the design work myself for the 5E mechanics. Even at full price the new set is a bit less than two meals for two at a restaurant. It’s worth it to have new Spelljammer stuff after so long. I want a new big map of Bral. I want a Spelljammer-themed DM‘s screen. I like shorter, split hardback books. They’re convenient.

Bronn1

Explorer
I'm definitely all-in on this and I didn't even play much Spelljammer back in the day. The tweaks to the cosmology to avoid unnecessary complication that 5E strives for is ultimately a minor thing that long-time fans can add back with ease (and the requisite grognard complaints :) ) and new players, which will be the majority, won't miss. Already told the wife she doesn't need to look for a birthday present anymore!

Remove ads

Remove ads