Watermark's Temple of Mysteries

Someone

Adventurer
"This place makes absolutely no sense" says Jarten, kicking the cauldron. "Well, no, only as an idiot puzzle. My guess is that something has to be burned in the cauldron but that´s all. Is there anything green in those flasks?"

ender_wiggin

First Post
Grimbold smiles as he pockets the gem. He gives a quick glance at the hole the gem left to make sure there isn't anything special in the gem's place.

Last edited:

Watermark12

First Post
threshel said:
Seeing that Grimbold's injuries aren't serious, Thar returns his attention to the body beneath the mirror. He kneels beside it and first looks over its remains, then begins going through it's belongings.

OOC: Looking for cause of death first if it can be determined, then searching.
OOC:

The body is really just a skeleton at this point, clearly having been down in these depths for a very long time. Any determination of the cause of its demise is long since impossible. The corpse wears a rusted and useless chain shirt, and has a ruined longbow. In a pouch, the skeleton has a number of coins [45 gp, 198 sp]. [Search Check: 5] Thar turns up nothing else of interest in his search.

Captain Tagon said:
Aieron mutters slightly under his breath about the number of magical auras in the room. Shrugging to himself however, he heads towards the unsearched body and prepares to examine it to determine what about it is magical.

OOC: He'll move from the body to the cauldron to the two mirrors trying to determine their magical properties.

Aieron approaches alongside Thar, guided by his sense of magic from somewhere on the corpse. Turning the body over carefully, he digs into the decayed mess of what once was a quiver, and pulls forth what Thar had missed...three arrows, still in good shape. These are the source of the magical aura.

Bobitron said:
Darian watches with interest over Aieron's shoulder as he examines each of the items.

Someone said:
"This place makes absolutely no sense" says Jarten, kicking the cauldron. "Well, no, only as an idiot puzzle. My guess is that something has to be burned in the cauldron but that´s all. Is there anything green in those flasks?"

threshel said:
Thar doesn't look up from the body he's examining, but answers, "One for climbing is green."

ender_wiggin said:
Grimbold smiles as he pockets the gem. He gives a quick glance at the hole the gem left to make sure there isn't anything special in the gem's place.

Only the empty socket at the end of the stone staff remains.

Actions?

ender_wiggin

First Post
Aimlessly, Grimbold drifts to the third statue, examining it thoroughly for any clues as to the secret of this room.

If the third statue yields something similar or nothing at all, Grimbold will cautiously approach the second mirror, mindful of Thar's previous paralyzation, careful not to look it straight with both eyes. He will keep it in his peripheral vision and see what he can ascertain about its features that way.

Last edited:

threshel

First Post
Watermark12 said:
Aieron approaches alongside Thar, guided by his sense of magic from somewhere on the corpse. Turning the body over carefully, he digs into the decayed mess of what once was a quiver, and pulls forth what Thar had missed...three arrows, still in good shape. These are the source of the magical aura.

OOC: I think that Aieron still has the copper cylinder, correct?

Thar watches with interest as Aeiron searches the body. Once he sees the arrows, though, he loses interest, pocketing the coin he found. When he looks up again, he gets another close-up look at the cylinder.
"Huh. Looks like cover for candlestick."

Captain Tagon

First Post
Aieron looks over at Thar. "Hmm, that could be, you want to look at it?" He hands the cylinder to Thar before turning back and examining the three arrows more closely.

Nephis

Adventurer
After fruitlessly searching the wall behind the bookcase, Therren turns his head somewhatly wildly, eyes frantically glancing around the room for inspiration. Looking again at the three central figures in the mozaic, he walks back to the them so that he can more closely examine them. Not only is he looking for secret doors and whatnot [search check], but he is trying to understand any clues the figures - what they are holding, what's being brought to them, etc - can give him. "There must be an answer here somewhere, but what? What does it mean?" he puzzles quietly.

Once again, he compares the statues to the pictures, trying to see if the clues are there.

Someone

Adventurer
Trying to understand the room, Jarten carefully examines the mosaics, trying to identify any detail in it that could correspond to things in the room (like if there´s any cauldron in the mosaic, etc) or differences between the figures in the thrones and the statues.

Bobitron

Explorer
nojiri23 said:
"There must be an answer here somewhere, but what? What does it mean?" he puzzles quietly.

"Bah. If I had a pickaxe, I'd already be working my way through one of these walls."

Darian starts pacing around the room, following the outside edge to try and get a new perspective. "Maybe if I look at the room in the way the statues see it?"

He walks to the remaining statues and stands in front of each one, peering into the room, following the stoney gaze of the hard eyes.

Remove ads