• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Waterstones Bookshops With Good RPG Sections

Jonny Nexus

First Post
Hi all,

I have a question to ask.

I'm searching for any branches of Waterstones in the UK that have a particularly good roleplaying section.

The reason is that I'd like to pitch my novel Game Night to individual Waterstones stores (it's already being sold at one in Canterbury), but rather than simply target those that happen to be near to me, I'd like to target those that have someone on the staff who's enthusiastic about roleplaying.

So if any of you know of a Waterstones with a good RPG section, I'd appreciate if you'd drop a comment here to let me know.

Thanks,

Jonny

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Southampton's not too bad. It's only about 5 shelves, but it has all the latest WotC stuff, and they have a decent comic book section, too, and a lot of niche sci-fi/fantasy books and stuff.

RabidBob

First Post
Bath is pretty good; one of the better selections I've seen in Waterstones. Ealing, my current local Waterstones, is terrible.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
In Manchester are two Waterstones:

Deansgate: Only two or three RPG shelves, but most WotC stuff, DDM boosters, a good selection of WW, as well as some random stuff (I've seen Dark Heresy, Paranoia, Malhavoc and Mongoose stuff there). It's pretty okay, plus it has a bigger section for actual fantasy novels and comic books (both are separate from the RPG section).
Arndale: Eh, nothing.

Cheers, LT.

meomwt

First Post
Forget the Waterstone's in Southport and Liverpool. It's been a while since I've been in the Liverpool branch, but they've never had RPG's there.

Southport used to stock them about 6 years ago, but not recently.

Birmingham New Street hasn't got much, only about 10 books in total. Birmingham High Street has a much bigger section, 5 shelves and a section of collectable minis on the end of a bay on display. The HS store also has a lot of comics and novels including US imports. I don't know about other Waterstones in Birmingham though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads