Way of the Wicked - A Campaign for Evil PCs [PFRPG] Discussion (FULL)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Can't hurt to have two rogues disarming traps and picking locks. ;)

Are you allowed to aid another with those checks?? There's always only one rogue in the group so I have never seen it tried.

For me I have looking at all the different ways to make fire classes but now notice we are short some channel energy benefits. And channel energy is a big benefit I think.

I'm thinking LN Cleric(separatist) of Mitra

He would get the channel positive energy and I could take Fire (from Asmodeus) as one of his domains.

Now the Question is will the real Mitra please stand up.

I like this document I found on Mitra...

[sblock=Goggle search Mitra cleric]
Mitra, God of Justice, Fire and Law
Friend of Man, The All-Seeing, and Lord of Justice
Symbol: A flame, and the lion
Alignment: Lawful Good
Portfolio: Justice
Typical Worshipers: Paladins, judges, magistrates, lawyers, police, the oppressed
Cleric Alignments: LG, LN, NG
Domains: Fire, Good, Law, Protection
Favored Weapon: Long Sword

Mitra (My-tra), his titles are Friend of Man, The All-Seeing, and Lord of Justice. Mitra provides justice for his followers in ex-change they must treat each other fairly and hold to their given word. Mitra is widely worshiped throughout the Wilderlands. Sacred Oaths made in his name are sworn in front of holy fires. He is also popular among common folks as his clerics protect them against those who would exploit them or prey on them. His symbols are a flame, and the lion.
Before every criminal trial in civilized lands, good-hearted magistrates whisper prayers to Mitra, asking that he guide their judgments with temperance and resolve.
Commoners view Mitra and his clerics as stern arbiters of justice, often missing the paternal philosophical nuances of Mitraran doctrine for its more obvious black-and-white teachings on the nature of morality. They tend to view Mitra as something of a divine constant-- they know that Mitra expects fairness, good judgment, and kindness toward the innocent from his followers, and hence afford Mitra's clerics a great deal of trust.
Clerics of Mitra pray for spells at dawn. In addition to numerous minor holidays, Mitra's priesthood follows a strict regimen of monthly high rituals. On the first of each month, Mitrarans celebrate Seeing Justice, at which specially chanted prayers elicit the appearance of a white-hot war Longsword that glows with heat and light.

DOGMA: Reveal the truth, punish the guilty, right the wrong, and always be true and just in your actions. Uphold the law wherever you go and punish those who do wrong under the law. Keep a record of your own rulings, deeds, and decisions, for through this your errors can be corrected, your grasp on the laws of all lands will flourish, and your ability to identify lawbreakers will expand. Be vigilant in your observations and anticipations so you may detect those who plan injustices before their actions threaten law and order. Deliver vengeance to the guilty for those who cannot do it themselves.[/sblock]

And then there is this from one of the guys at Fire Mountain games...

Fire Mountain Games on the paizo boards said:
Zaister,

Mitra is actually three deities: Mitra the Shining Lord, Mitra the Beneficient Sun, and Mitra the Fire Undying. Of course, while there are three ways of worshipping Mitra, Mitra is also one. This is the great mystery of Mitra.

Here is one of those deities:

Mitra the Shining Lord LG
Portfolios: the Sun, Justice, Honor, Charity, Valor
Domains: Glory, Good, Law, Sun, Nobility
Subdomains: Archon, Day, Heroism, Honor, Leadership, Light
Preferred Weapon: Longsword

A full write up of Mitra and his three-fold worship is coming in April in Book Three, Tears of the Blessed.

His faith, his followers and even a new angel in Mitra's service will appear in that book.

Know your enemy.

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games

Either way I would like to make a lawyer :p

Background:

Curz Wifflan was always a small craven of a man, so it gave him greater and greater pleasure to prosecute those larger, stronger, and more powerful than himself. The only thing that he could not abide by was the way the courts dealt with prisoners after he had found them guilt.

Beheading, hanging, imprisonment??? These were not what the teachings of Mitra meant. "Deliver vengeance... punish the guilty..." and what better way then with the Lord of Justice's own creation... fire.

Burn them, make them suffer. Show others that they should hold to their oaths, keep their word and obey their superiors.

But those in power were soft hearted and weak. And though he argued long into the night for years with his fellow adjudicators they never listened.

And so came the day he took matters into his own hands. And still they would no listen. When asked how he set the blaze that killed three chained prisoners and burned down half of the accompanying garrison, Curz simply replied. "Mitra granted my wish."

Wish to take: Fire and Nobility as domains. That works if the seconded quoted post from FMG is the Mitra you will be using for this game.

Crimes: Arson(main), Blasphemy, Murder

HM

Insight

Adventurer
Eh, thinking about it more and looking at your list, I think we'll make a nasty pair more than we'll step on each other's toes. So yeah, if you don't object, we'll just end up with two rogues, coordinating lies, disguises and scouting runs.

The thing is, mathematically, there are only so many class skills. I am getting 14 skill points and I can only put a rank in each skill, so in essence, I have to train 14 skills every level.

The difference between our rogues will be in practice and personality. I doubt anyone will have too much trouble telling us apart.

Malvoisin

First Post
Are we allowed to have more than one crime? I find the following crimes to be pretty relevant to Osrin's backstory:
Sure, that's just fine. I would like you to designate one as the 'primary' offense, but feel free to make Osrin's villainy as diversified as you like. :lol:

Malvoisin

First Post
Insight/hafrogman: No problems here with two rogues. Carry on.

HolyMan: The Fire Mountain version of Mitra is definitely the one which is relevant for this game. I think the first version you found might be from Necromancer/Frog God Games. Then again, there seems to be a lot of overlap in terms of the two visions for this deity, so it might be a moot point.

Insight

Adventurer
Sure, that's just fine. I would like you to designate one as the 'primary' offense, but feel free to make Osrin's villainy as diversified as you like. :lol:

All right. I think the most serious of his crimes would be murder, so we'll go with that as the primary offense.

Remove ads