• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Way to Improve the Save DC of Alchemical Items?

Metallian

First Post
If one wanted to create a viable "gadgeteer/inventor" type character, I imagine you'd have to find a way to improve the effectiveness of alchemical items...in particular the save DCs.

I've noticed that most basic Alchemical items have Craft Check DCs equal to 10 + the Save DC, though I don't know if that's a hard and fast rule or not.

So, would it be fair to just bump up the Craft Check DC in order to bump up the Save DC? Or is that too easy? Should there be a feat that allows you to do this? How about a feat like Spell Focus that allows you to add +1 or +2 to the DC of all items you create? Or is that two weak? How about a feat that allows you to add your Int modifier to the Save DC? A spell? A Prestige Class?

I'm not sure as to the best way to go about doing this.

While we're on the subject, is there a sourcebook or anything with rules for inventing new or improved alchemical items?

The Metallian

Remove ads