• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ways of players getting Ability Scores - I require some help!

_HERETIC_

ᴇx ɪɢɴᴏʀᴀɴᴛɪᴀ ᴀᴅ ꜱᴀᴘɪᴇɴᴛɪᴀᴍ
Note that there are 5 editions of Twilight 2000:
1st ed is a 1d100 3 difficulties by multiplying skill (×2 easy, ×1 moderate, ×½ hard), with no lifepath
2.0 ed is a 1d10 with the same three difficulties vs skill, and a Traveller-like lifepath.
2.2 ed is 1d20 with 5 difficulties (×4 Simple, ×2 Routine, ×1 Difficult, ×½ Formidable, ×¼ Impossible), , and different combat rules, but otherwise much the same non-combat mechanics as 2.0, and the same general layout and the same illustrations.
Twilight: 2013 was a licensed use of the name, Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, and the the Fria Ligan staff seem to call it T2k 3rd ed. It used a d20 dice pool...
T2K 4e (the current one) is a 1d(Att) & 1d(skill) vs 6+/10+ thresholds for 1s/2s count successes, and 6 result spaces: fumble, 0s, 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s. The lifepath there is derived conceptually from T2k 2.x.

Also worth noting: Traveller The New Era is essentially the next minor edition of T2k 2.2... so mechanically T2k 2.3... but in a different setting.

So, when you say you've read Twilight 2000, you really are not specifying which game system... as it's 4½ different game systems.
(Traveller's just as bad about editions - each has a different action resolution paradigm...)
Yeah, my bad. Again.

Not really used to talking about TTRPGs or the like outside of DND or Pathfinder with friends where they know what edition I mean by just starting a topic on it.

The version I am referring to is the 1st edition from 1984.
I haven't taken a look at later versions yet.

Remove ads