• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ways to hide things in 3.5?

Jeffrie

First Post
Is it just me? or is it damn hard to hide things in DnD? K, the easiest way i know to hide things is to not have anybody looking for them. That's tricky enough, but what other ways?
I feel y'all will know better than me, so i won't even bother trying, until i see if one of y'all has a link to a handbook or somethin'. heh

How to hide alignment?

Thoughts?

People?

Objects?

What else?

anest1s

First Post
Is it just me? or is it damn hard to hide things in DnD? K, the easiest way i know to hide things is to not have anybody looking for them. That's tricky enough, but what other ways?
I feel y'all will know better than me, so i won't even bother trying, until i see if one of y'all has a link to a handbook or somethin'. heh

How to hide alignment?

Thoughts?

People?

Objects?

What else?
alignment with magic items, or spymaster prestige class (i think that is the right name)

Thoughts with magic items too...

People: if they are dead you cut their tongue so they can't speak if the body is questioned (or insist to burn the body-say its barbaric not to burn them, if you say it first and the DM won't say otherwise, everyone will think you are right, and burn them instead of burying them), if they are alive with magic items against scrying etc

Objects, if they are small with sleight of hands, if they are big somewhere none will search for them, spread rumors that they are destroyed so none tries to find them, against magical detection use lead, or magic.

Also making copies of something, and having them mixed with the original is a good idea.

As a final note, if you search a good hiding place write 10 of them in a parer, and roll a d10 to choose (or something like that)- so no one can easily guess it.

Oh, and if you want something hidden, tell its location to no-one except the DM...and don't let anyone else know that you are hiding something

How to hide alignment?

Nondetection, Misdirection, Mind Blank, or any item that uses those effects.

Thoughts?

As above. I think there's some non-core spells that let you specifically protect thoughts.

I don't know if this is from 3.x or d20 Modern, but I'm pretty sure you can hide other people (as long as they don't move) in concealment. Base Spot DC based on size, modifiers for concealment.

As above. Note that hiding an elephant is really hard :)

What else?

I think you can use Nondetection or some low-level illusion spells (Nystul's magical aura?) to hide magic auras (eg making traps harder to find).

You can also hide a weapon on yourself, using either Hide or Sleight of Hand (depending on the ruleset).

Remove ads