We were like gods once... BIG UPDATE Friday Nov 5!

Pyske

Explorer
ledded said:
[...]plus tastes of readers on the boards sort of trended towards games/stories that were very much unlike what I was writing.

Hey, ledded, I don't know where you got that idea! Anyway, I'm still here and enjoy your stories, I just don't want to guilt you too much when real life gets in the way of writing.

Guess it's that careful balance between being too demanding, and not encouraging enough.

Sledge

First Post
Rel said:
I know how story hour burnout can be, ledded. But I wanted to just add my voice to those who think this is one of the best story hours ever.
I agree. I would love to see this continued again!

ledded

Herder of monkies
Ok, I have been getting the itch to do some more writing, plus folks have been asking, so just wanted to pop in and say I did dust it off this weekend and work on it a bit. I might try to post up a short update this week just to get some up, but I can't promise anything.

On another note, our group has another occasional one-off campaign that is more like early-20th century pulp, lower powered than this game was, that I've been wanting to do some writing on that I may try to do a bit of. Mostly it's because I've been really getting into some of the old Pulps and some newer takes on the old pulps, but there you go.

I'll see if I can get some more finished up on this so as not to leave any loose ends, though to be honest, looking through my notes from a long time ago when we played this, I'm probably going to have to hand-wave (and outright make up) a lot more of it, which is good (because I have more creative freedom) and bad (because I can't write dialogue better than what the players normally spout in-game).

Thanks for showing interest folks, I'll try and pay you back for it by posting up something soon.

BTW, while I'm here, does anybody know of any good (or bad) Pulp-ish story hours out there? Basically not modern-day modern, and not fantasy/D&D? Just curious, havent had time to really scout it out.

- Ledded

ragboy

Explorer
ledded said:
BTW, while I'm here, does anybody know of any good (or bad) Pulp-ish story hours out there? Basically not modern-day modern, and not fantasy/D&D? Just curious, havent had time to really scout it out.

I can find nothing. That means you're the first and you'll corner the market. Go! Go! Go!

I have a modern (as in modern day) pulp story I could post, but it just isn't the same as a story hour...

ledded

Herder of monkies
ragboy said:
I can find nothing. That means you're the first and you'll corner the market. Go! Go! Go!

Heapthaumaturgist did a short pulp story hour that was Nocturnals-ish that I was really liking a long while back, but I dont remember the url.

I have a modern (as in modern day) pulp story I could post, but it just isn't the same as a story hour...

Post it up somewhere, man, I'd love to read it.

And just so folks know, OldDrewId did a fantastic update (finally!) to the Medallions Story Hour this very day, so I will be trying to finish up my update sometime soon lest I perish from the shame.

If you havent caught the latest Medallions update, do so, and if you havent read Medallions... Go. Now.

Now, I say.

Remove ads