• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapon Keyword: Smash

chronoplasm

First Post
Aw, that's right! I forgot you could do that, thanks.:eek:

OK, heres another.

Superior Melee Weapon:

Manticore Tail
Prof. +1
Damage: 1d8
Group: Flail
Properties: Versatile, Smashing 1

DogBackward

First Post
I'm not sure about these "+1 proficiency" bits. Really, no weapon standing has less than +2, and since we're not using half damage, there's no need to lower the bonus. As long as the Smashing value stays at 1-3, it should be fine. Really, -1 attack isn't worth a few damage on a miss. I'd leave it at +2 at least.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Yeah, I'd leave it at +2 on a prof.

If you wanted to do something crazy you could go...

Manticore Tail
Proficiency +1
Damage: 2d4
Group: Flail
Properties: Versatile, Smashing 2

make it a real slaughterer's weapon, like a real manticore's tail. The 2d4 makes it like Brutal without adding the quality. You would be saying that it is very unwieldy, but hard-hitting. Maybe it's a bladed cube on a long, spiked cord....you might could even add reach...furthering the unwieldiness. Or perhaps it's two seperate pieces that clank together on a good hit, but I think that would affect damage more. Maybe you could even say that the Prof. is +2 if it's used two-handed (making it own the Versatile property a bit more)

Bah, but I'm tired and rambly

Remove ads