• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapon size categories

Nimmo

First Post
I have just been looking into different sized melee weapons and noticed something that I wanted to quickly query.

On page 141 of the Core rules there is the following statement on the different sizes on a weapon:
An oversized weapon is one size category larger, weighs twice the regular weapon, and does
an extra 1 die points of damage. Oversized weapons cost three times the regular price.
An undersized weapon is one size category smaller and weighs half the regular weapon.

Should the undersized version do the same amount of damage or should it have its damage reduced as well?

The more I think about it the more I feel that it should also be reduced.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
No, the undersized weapon doesn't do less damage. Reducing it by a die (to a minimum of 1 die) wouldn't break anything, though.

Wojorides

Explorer
Less shots

and/or less accuracy. You dont have the power pack size so number of shots are reduced. also could reduce the effect range. Speaking of which how many shots are in a energy pack for energy weapons???? I dont see a reference. I presume these are infinite ammo weapons:confused:

No, the undersized weapon doesn't do less damage. Reducing it by a die (to a minimum of 1 die) wouldn't break anything, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads