• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapon Stats

I'm creating a character to match this miniature http://www.reapermini.com/fantasy/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=warlord&id=14043_G , and can't seem to find the stats for something similar to the "wolverine claws" he has on his glove. I'm sure I saw something similar in one of the books I've got, but haven't been able to find it. I've checked Oriental Adventures, Bastions Press's Arms & Armor, and several other books with no luck. I'm looking for something more than just a spiked gauntlet. Can anyone point me to something like this in a rulebook, or give me the stats for something similar? I'd prefer to have a book to show my DM, as opposed to just stating it out myself.

Thanks!

Skinwalker

First Post
The Forgotten Realms sourcebook also lists stats for a clawed weapon. Don't have it handy, or I'd save you the trouble of looking it up.
Hope this helps.

John Q. Mayhem said:
Bladed gauntlet from sword and fist (I think). 1d6, 18-20/x2, small exotic weapon. Hope this helps.
Thats the one I was thinking of. Thanks!
And thanks to Ferret & Skinwalker for the other tips as well!

Last edited:

Darklone

Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Thats the one I was thinking of. Thanks!
And thanks to Ferret & Skinwalker for the other tips as well!
I think the bladed gauntlets had been errataed to 19-20/*2 crit range?

Gregor

First Post
Skinwalker said:
The Forgotten Realms sourcebook also lists stats for a clawed weapon. Don't have it handy, or I'd save you the trouble of looking it up.
Hope this helps.

Claw Bracers - 1d4 crit x 2 19 / 20 piercing
allows you to cast spells as per normal with them on your hands (well wrists actually)

Cheers

Last edited:

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
Actually, Darklone, I think that they were errata'd from 17-20/x2 to 18-20/x2. I'm not sure, though, and I don't have S&F, so I don't know. It does seem rather ridiculous to me to have an exotic weapon be exactly the same as a martial one (short sword) except that it can't be disarmed. With locked gaunlets, it just seems a bit silly to have such a small benefit for an EWP. IMO, naturally.

Spatzimaus

First Post
John Q. Mayhem said:
Actually, Darklone, I think that they were errata'd from 17-20/x2 to 18-20/x2.

They were errata'd from 17-20/x2 to 19-20/x2.

Compared to a shortsword, yes, it's not really much of an improvement. They weigh less, can't be disarmed, and don't need to be drawn from a scabbard before using. You can use a bow in two hands and switch to the gauntlet when someone gets close.
If all you want is raw damage then yes, it's a waste of a Feat, but for many people it's still a useful weapon. The 17-20 version was just ridiculous once you started stacking crit modifiers in (Keen, Improved Critical, Weapon Master, etc.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads