• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapon Wand

Chimera

First Post
Weapon Wand Used to increase the accuracy and damage of ranged touch spells. Created and treated as per a normal magic weapon with a +1 to +6 enhancement that affects Ranged Touch Attack Spells only. It is not a normal "wand" with charges. It is a spell enhancement weapon for spellcasters.

In addition to the plus to hit, the enhancement bonus is also applied to physical damage done. In the case of spells that cause attribute damage, a Wand of Aiming adds 1 point of attribute damage only, regardless of it's enhancement bonus.

Requires Craft Arms & Armor and Magic Weapon to create as per any normal weapon and costs the same.

Weapon special abilities cannot be applied to a Weapon Wand.

Just came up with this last night. My only considerations would be modifications of costs, whether the enhancement bonus affects spell DC (probably not) and the potential for a reach version that allowed casting Touch spells as Ranged Touch spells at close range.

GreatLemur

Explorer
Very cool idea. I've actually been thinking lately about trying a system for magic-focusing devices along the lines of the stuff we see in a lot of computer games (you know, like the bone fetish you hold in your off hand to get a +5% to fire magic damage), but I hadn't considered such a perfect and simple mechanic as this one. Nice.

Remove ads