• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Web-based power sheet maker

sozomai

First Post
Hey guys,

I was looking around for something like this but I couldn't find it quick enough so I just started working on my own.

In a nutshell, it's a completely web-based system for creating and printing out power cards or sheets. It's very easy to implement with minimal html knowledge.

The power-entry thing is WYSIWYG, and I tried hard to get the formatting to line up with the look of the 4e core books, down to colors, fonts and font sizes.

Not all the players in the group I run own a PHB, so this has helped us enormously. Included in the attachments is a pdf created using the system.

The system requires a PHP and Mysql compatible server to run on, and since both of these are freeware you can get them running on your local box if you don't have a remote host. If you want to have the exact look of the handbooks, you'll also need the ZapfDingbats BT font, and the Mentor Sans family as well.

I figure there must be a bunch of stuff like this around, but if anyone thinks they could use it let me know and I'll polish it up and post it.

Attachments

• addpower.JPG
    addpower.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 365
  • power_viewer.JPG
    power_viewer.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 302
  • jerard.jpg
    jerard.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 328
  • Jerard.pdf
    26.9 KB · Views: 291

tempor

First Post
Hi!

Well, I must say this looks quite excellent! Are you planning on hosting this on a server? Is the source code available?

In any case, keep up the good work!

sozomai

First Post
If I were to host this on a server available to everyone I fear I'd be making copyrighted property publicly available.

Yeah I can definitely make the source code available to anyone who wants to host their own database locally. Gimme a few days to expand the code (right now there is no feature for editing powers) and write up a tutorial on getting PHP and MySQL installed and working with it.

darjr

I crit!
This is what I want.

Not cards, but a sheet like this with power stat blocks like they are in the PHB but personalized for my char.

AumShantih

First Post
That's freaking cool. Yeah, I'd be interesting in something like that. You should add in functionality for adding Magic Items as well!

sozomai

First Post
That's freaking cool. Yeah, I'd be interesting in something like that. You should add in functionality for adding Magic Items as well!
Great idea!

I am planning to eventually add Items and Monsters to the system, with an emphasis on preserving the precise look of the 4e handbooks. The idea is to have them output as html tables, so anyone with a minimal knowledge of html can write their own layout and print them out on sheets, business cards, index cards etc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads