• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Web Enhancements and FAQ for Keep on the Shadowfell?

mindshadow2k

First Post
pukunui said:
Dammit, I still can't access that FAQ! I just keep getting an "http 500 internal server error" message! :(
To summarize the FAQ, any rule that is in the Quick Start and says something different in the adventure, the adventure is correct.

And yes the half-elf gets another power (if you see my link posted in here you can get a copy of the half-elf character sheet, almost exactly as seen in the book as I reproduced it to look exactly the same and it has the +5 instead of the +3 posted in the books for diplomacy and insight as well as the recommended power from the FAQ).

pukunui

Legend
mach1.9pants said:
No probs for me so it is not a kiwi based error!
Bizarre. When someone posted the link to it a few days ago, I thought it was a joke at first because I couldn't access it. But then someone suggested I click on the Help tab on the WotC site and that didn't/doesn't work either. I can access everything else on their site! :p

Thanks Olgar and Mindshadow.

EDIT: How come there's no link to it on the main D&D website? How did anyone even find out about it?

Last edited:

Boarstorm

First Post
pukunui said:
Bizarre. When someone posted the link to it a few days ago, I thought it was a joke at first because I couldn't access it.

EDIT: How come there's no link to it on the main D&D website? How did anyone even find out about it?

Yeah, that was me. *waves* I found it on the forums. The Sage Advice Team (forum name) posted a link to it in the 4E adventures forum and left it at that. They didn't even sticky it.

Edit: The thread on WotC's forums where it was announced has another nice tidbit.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1032361

Logan Bonner said:
The following actions provoke:
• Moving out of a square when an enemy is adjacent to you.
• Making a ranged attack or area attack.

If it's not on that list, it doesn't provoke.

So standing from a prone position does NOT provoke. I know it was suspected, but I hadn't heard official confirmation.

Last edited:

Gorrstagg

First Post
The most aggravating part of all of this as it relates to the damn FAQ.

If you do a search for it on their websites, it won't find it. No where will it be found.

UNLESS you click on Help.

And they wonder why people hate their website? And get us thinking that it's put together as if their web crews were incompetent.

Who the hell does that. Certainly not a company that is trying to make serious inroads into an online community.

Sorry that this turned into a rant here, but I searched for this answer earlier myself. And couldn't find it. What else is buried on the website that we want to know. But because it's hidden in an off the road, back door unexepected, unhyperlinked, unsearchable method.

And then they tell us .... nevermind.. This just makes me not happy. When the hell are they going to get their website updated to something other than craptacular version it is today. Who makes these decisions to not get a functional website going. Grrr...

But at least it's there somewhere, you just have to be a sage to find it.

pukunui

Legend
Gorrstagg said:
The most aggravating part of all of this as it relates to the damn FAQ.

If you do a search for it on their websites, it won't find it. No where will it be found.

UNLESS you click on Help.

And they wonder why people hate their website? And get us thinking that it's put together as if their web crews were incompetent.

Who the hell does that. Certainly not a company that is trying to make serious inroads into an online community.
I don't remember who it was but one of the WotC web design guys said that the website is designed by committee - marketing wants one thing, the design & development team wants another, and the corporate suits want a third thing, so the web developers have to compromise on the quality of the site in order to accommodate as much of what the other departments want.

Yes, it sucks, but it's not going to change unless the corporate structure at WotC changes so that the web developers can have the final say about the site's design.

Aristotle

First Post
pukunui said:
the website is designed by committee - marketing wants one thing, the design & development team wants another, and the corporate suits want a third thing...
It's funny how the customer's wants aren't the primary factor for the entire committee. I know they can't please everyone all the time, but a lot of us have similar gripes about the basic functionality and organization of the site at this point. If DDI is going to be a success, the customers' "wants" are going to have to gain some focus. I run most other games with just the core book(s). I can live without the expense of DDI if it's not as user friendly as I'd like. Just sayin...

pukunui

Legend
Aristotle said:
It's funny how the customer's wants aren't the primary factor for the entire committee. I know they can't please everyone all the time, but a lot of us have similar gripes about the basic functionality and organization of the site at this point. If DDI is going to be a success, the customers' "wants" are going to have to gain some focus. I run most other games with just the core book(s). I can live without the expense of DDI if it's not as user friendly as I'd like. Just sayin...
Yeah, you'd like think they would ... did you see that example redesign that someone offered up recently? It was pretty good. The WotC web team has seen it and has said they liked some of it but not everything about it.

Also, they could easily have a new website design that'll be going up on launch day. We don't really know.

Remove ads