• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Webcomic: Darths and Droids

Orius

Legend
Any here ever seen this? It's a webcomic which presents Star Wars as a typical bad D&D campaign.

Qui-Gon: Let's see. Electro-axe. Energy mace. "Plasma bow"?? You just took a D&D equipment list and stuck techy words in front, right?
GM: Don't be stupid.
Qui-Gon: Ten foot laser pole...

Well, so far it's only covering The Phantom Menace, and for those of you prequel-haters, rest assured, the story will probably make more sense in the context of a badly-run campaign. And you'll probably enjoy their approach to Jar-Jar.

For those us us not not traumatized by the prequels, well we can still laugh at all the D&D references (and to those who don't get the jokes: what the hell are you doing HERE?!)

Link to first comic:
Darths & Droids

It's only been around a year, so I checked the archives and didn't find any topics on it until I got bored.

Last edited:

Orius

Legend
Ah, yes they link to DM of the Rings on the first comic, and I've been reading that. It's also pretty funny, but in a different way.

They also take two different approaches: DotR is kind of presented from the player's view with a ham-fisted hard-assed plot railroading DM, whereas D&D is presented from the DM's PoV with a bunch of players constantly derailing the story. Both are funny.

D&D also has a bunch of translations. And not just real languages like German and French, there's goofy translations like Klingon, Pirate, and Zero Wing.

Is it just me, or is Qui-Gon consistantly going totally Leeroy Jenkins here? I've only read up to where Anakin gets introduced.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Okay, I read the whole run yesterday and I loved it. Now I can't wait them to update the next episode :D

Orius

Legend
I've got three words for you:

[sblock] Summon Greater Fish[/sblock]

Oh, I've gotten to the end by now. It's a shame they're following the storyline, because Qui-Gon was damn funny in the comic with the short attention span, the crazy plans, and falling back on Summon Bigger Fish.

Everything he did on Tatooine was ridiculous, and in all the funniest ways.

I was amused by how much better a story they created than what was originally in the movie. Evil murdering child-Anakin, the victim of a medical experiment gone awry? Awesome.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I was amused by how much better a story they created than what was originally in the movie. Evil murdering child-Anakin, the victim of a medical experiment gone awry? Awesome.
I love his extra perceptionary powers.

"A ship carrying restless souls to their doom.... A cup, containing the blood of pointless sacrifice... A speeder, racing blindly towards oblivion. "

Remove ads