• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Weem's 4e Companion Sheet

weem

First Post
I have been wanting these for some time, so I finally sat down and cranked it out tonight. I'll call it the first draft - have a look and let me know what you think (link at the bottom).

Some notes...

1) I wanted the sheet to cover what the rules cover - not much more (for now)
2) I wanted the sheet to aid in the creation process of a companion. As such, there are (for example) 5 power slots (max per rules), each labeled with the type of power, and level requirements (as per the DMG2 rules) - plus notes such as "Magic items not required by companion characters" under the equipment line.
3) I wanted to get 2 on a sheet - not one sheet for one companion. This can be folded in half and flipped, or it could be cut into two pieces etc - nice and handy. In fact, if you cut them into two separate sheets, they each could be folded again between the left and right blocks of information as well.

Here is a screenshot (UPDATED!)...

companion_sheet_screen.jpg

You can grab the PDF here

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Last edited:

srn

First Post
That looks very useful. I was just about to make a companion for a small-group I'm going to DM, so I'll see how it goes right now.

Thanks very much!

weem

First Post
That looks very useful. I was just about to make a companion for a small-group I'm going to DM, so I'll see how it goes right now.

Thanks very much!

Awesome, thanks! I'm ery interested to know how they work for you.

Thanks ;)

And, here is a note from Baumi in another thread (putting it here so I remember to check it out later)...

*) There seems a small error .. the 4. Power says "Attack or Utility" and the 5. says "Encounter or Utility" instead of having the same header.

Hmmm... no book in front of me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that's what it said (you can choose either Attack or Utility at level 11, and Encounter or Utility at 21)... will double-check.

*) The Attribute-boxes seem a bit small for the Score AND the Modifier.

Yea. I figured it was not a priority, but I think I can get it in...

*) There is no place for Racial Advantages/Powers.

True. I'll see what I can do.

Baumi

Adventurer
Hmmm... no book in front of me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that's what it said (you can choose either Attack or Utility at level 11, and Encounter or Utility at 21)... will double-check.

I just checked it (choosing a daily attack would have been cool), it's both times an Encounter Attack or Utility Power.

Yea. I figured it was not a priority, but I think I can get it in...

It's certainly not a priority (you can easily squeze it in), just something I noticed.

True. I'll see what I can do.

I think just a line for notes or other Abilities would more than enough (you can always write more on the backside of the sheet).

Anyway, thanks for the great sheet and for listening to my ramblings! :cool:

weem

First Post
The Companion Sheet has been updated! (as well as the screenshot reflecting the new updates at the top).

- Made room for stat bonuses
- Added 4 lines for "Racial/Other Abilities"
- Updated Power listings to correctly reflect "Encounter or Utility"

You can download the updated PDF here.

Thanks Baumi for those suggestions/corrections!

More feedback is welcome from all ;)

El Coro

First Post
Well done as usual, mr. weem! It might be cool to have a slightly re-sized version that people could cut in half and slide into card protectors like the D&D power cards (if that's their thing).

jbear

First Post
Class! Nice work. Looks great! Downloading now and using for my groups companion Sunteen. Sunteen is a master chef armed with a heavy fry pan. His heavy limp is due to his leg shrivelled by the Spellplague, which tends to flair up when danger is near. Til now I've been running him as a 2 hit minion with a power which allows him a lucky chance when dealt a death blow to just fall unconcious. Surprisingly he's survived some grisly combats and had some very heroic moments. In the last session he kept the PCs boat from being tipped over by zombies. So I think it's time to graduate him into a fully fledged companion. This sheet will be great!!! Thanks.

weem

First Post
Well done as usual, mr. weem! It might be cool to have a slightly re-sized version that people could cut in half and slide into card protectors like the D&D power cards (if that's their thing).

Thanks, and noted!

Class! Nice work. Looks great! Downloading now and using for my groups companion Sunteen. Sunteen is a master chef armed with a heavy fry pan. His heavy limp is due to his leg shrivelled by the Spellplague, which tends to flair up when danger is near. Til now I've been running him as a 2 hit minion with a power which allows him a lucky chance when dealt a death blow to just fall unconcious. Surprisingly he's survived some grisly combats and had some very heroic moments. In the last session he kept the PCs boat from being tipped over by zombies. So I think it's time to graduate him into a fully fledged companion. This sheet will be great!!! Thanks.

Thank you! Let me know how it works for you ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads