• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weird URL Links in wiki pages?

narayan

Explorer
Hi, I'm trying to create a Wiki page for my homebrew campaign world. I've noticed if I write certain things that apparently some other user used as a URL link, they pop up as URL links on my wiki page??? Thus, I cannot use the same phrase for my own URL links, which is frustrating.

For example, on my wiki page... err well I'm not allowed to post a URL to it yet I'm still a newbie, but if you view my group Dark Days in Sion you will see my wiki page called World of Sion. Under house rules it says Character Creation, which pops up as a URL link, but if you click on it, it leads to someone else's house rules for a completely different campaign.

Is there a way to fix or prevent this?

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's pretty much exactly how a wiki's supposed to work. The issue isn't that it's auto-linking, it's that people are using generic terms like "Character Creation" for their pages, stopping anyone else from using that same page title. Ideally, they should call their pages something like "Bob's Campaign Character Creation".

I've been trying to think of a way around that problem for a while. The best I could come up with is to have some wiki moderators who actively go around changing peoples' page names when they do that; that sounds a little extreme though. I'm certainly open to ideas!

narayan

Explorer
Ah ok then, thanks very much for clarifying that for me. I will label my own URL's specifically to my campaign so I don't compound the problem.

Remove ads