• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Weird & Wacky Stuff You Want in 4e

Serendipity

Explorer
phanaton, the odd elemental/other plannar critters from the right end of the BECMI stuff (planar spiders, horde, hydrax, etc.), neogi, nilbog, the vegepygmies, the brain collectors, a lot of the old blob/slime/pudding action (Black Pudding - back when big ones had psionic capability. Oh thems was de days....)

Serendipity

Explorer
If we're including magic items I'd settle for three things - blasting powder, a wand of wonder, and the deck of many things, because that spells FEAR and makes smart players run for the f*&king hills....

ZetaStriker

First Post
Stirges are definitely near the top of my list... I have very fond memories of when my DM allowed me to summon any monster from the Monster Manuals with appropriate templates applied when using Summon Monster. Fiendish Stirges were absolutely awesome, but since we had a min/max DM(and therefore had to have min/max characters, which is hard when all your min/maxed summoned creatures are about 7 CR below what you're fighting. Don't even get me started on the Claw-Claw-Claw-Claw-Constrict-Constrict-Constrict-Constrict-Rend-Rend from a Kyuss-based undead that also had swallow whole and an attack bonus from its massive strength score that was half again my AC... did I mention that we were also fighting an Epic wizard, a half dozen other CR 22s, and an unlimited supply of Kyuss Worm swarms all at once while at level 17/18?)

Oh gosh, I forgot what I was saying. I'm so glad I don't game with that DM anymore. XD

Remove ads