• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weirdest Eidolon

Fauchard1520

Adventurer
I've always been fascinated by the summoner's eidolon. I honestly can't think of any other mechanic that gives so much creative freedom to the player. It's all to do with this little line right here: "The eidolon’s physical appearance is up to the summoner." Between that and the eidolon's nonspecific "home plane," you're able to make up pretty much any critter you can imagine.

So I ask you, good Pathfidner of EN World: What is the strangest, most original eidolon you've ever seen in play?

Comic for illustrative purposes.

Keaerin

First Post
Well, I played a kobold summoner in a fairly long lived game (made it to 12 from 3 if i remember it correctly). When I said I was playing a kobold everyone assumed I'd have some kind of dragon eidolon. They were rather shocked when I summoned another kobold. When the laughter quieted down my friend asked me "So umm what do ya call....it?" I hadn't really thought of a name so put on the spot I came up with "Mate." More laughter ensued. Of course all I ever summoned with my spells were more kobolds. Thing would occasionally get awkward for the rest of the party as I played it up. I'll leave what that means up to your imagination.

I played a goof variant in a short spin off campaign where I took that optional summoner that summons a bunch of smaller weaker eidolons and refluffed them into kobolds as well calling them "the gang."

Last edited:

Remove ads