• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Welcome to ENWorld 2

Ruslanchik

First Post
I don't know if this has been pointed out yet, but I thought I would post it here just to make sure the Admins are aware:

On the Edit Avatar page, only one avatar is displaying at a time. So the Miscellaneous list, which contains 135 avatars also has 135 pages of avatars.

The upgrade looks great and the pages are loading faster.

allenw

Explorer
The front page doesn't display correctly for me, because of that "the text is too big for the box" issue. Actually, because of that problem I can't click on some of the "read more" options.

I am currently using Safari 3.1.1 as my browser, if that helps at all. I don't recall ever changing the default font sizes or anything, either.

I have the same problem (which ironically prevents me from seeing/clicking "read more" for this very article) from my work desktop, which uses IE 7. It works fine on my home laptop, also using IE 7, though of course it's screen dimenstions are different.

Wasgo

Explorer
Well I'm going to have to agree with some of the others on here. I don't spend a lot of time in the forums, I mostly come here to read the news. Sometimes I miss a day or two and get caught up in a single visit. Unfortunately, the new layout is NOT very conducive to that so I'll probably be spending a lot less time here. Now, instead of just being able to scroll down, I have to go into different pages, go back out, get into another section, etc.. Not user friendly at all.

I understand having to advance the technology, but as the saying goes "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and I don't think the old news page was broke.

Agreed. I visit the main page about once a week or less, and the new system means I cant really do that. News is on too many separate pages, and even worse it all looks the same. I can't visually scroll the page looking for new OGL news, I have to read every single header. Combine that with the addition of pictures and a double column format, and this new site just isn't useful for me.

Other than the 'ooh shiny pretty' factor, I think the new homepage design is a huge step backwards.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
When I choose the "Make Text Bigger" option in my web browser to bump up the size of the type the main page gets all busted-looking.
I noticed the improvement. The change now has text (when made bigger) cause a scroll bar to appear so as to scroll further down.

I see this as a compromise, though in my opinion it would be much better if the box expanded around the text instead? . . . which seems to be how it works for all the posts in the forums. *shrug*

silentounce

First Post
We'll see if that's possible if so, we'll do it.

In the meantime, the URLs can be corrected manually by adding /forum/ into the middle of them.

Yeah, love the upgrade except that I thought the site was still down until about an hour ago because of this issue. I'd just go to my address bar and start to type "enw", down arrow, and then hit enter to get to my usercp. Heh, force of habit, guess it's my own fault. Well, eventually firefox will autocorrect this issue for me. But broken links do suck. I hope that you're able to remedy this somehow. Btw, since I may have your attention. I love your site. It was pretty much the only place I came to for news about 4e before it was released. That collection of info you had was great. Thanks!

Krypter

Explorer
Nice speed upgrade. That's great. The new look is not very good though. Having to click through to a new page for each news item, no matter how minor, does indeed defeat the point of a news page. It's very annoying.

Looking forward to the new skins, as the current one is...not pretty.

Remove ads