• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Welcome to the Halmae (updated 2/27/07)

Pyske

Explorer
Very nice update! I only cringe at haveing to wait two or three more whole updates before we see the Count's comeuppance,... but at least it sounds like there will be some nice comeuppance hors d'ovres next time.

Snipet

First Post
Woo woo! That was so cool! I'm just sorry I missed the actual game. (Good thing Kiara was there to look out for everyone. Where WOULD they all be without her... )

Wonderful update, Spyscribe! And so GREAT to have seen you last weekend!
Miss you all lots!

CTSparky

Explorer
quick question

I have a quick question for Fajitas. What was the "bad day" warmage going to do at the controls? Was he going to try and lock the doors again? or was it something else.

Great update BTW. I have to agree with Pyske that I'd love to read a super long update of the whole battle, but that is me.

Take care guys and have a good weekend.

Fajitas

Hold the Peppers
CTSparky said:
I have a quick question for Fajitas. What was the "bad day" warmage going to do at the controls? Was he going to try and lock the doors again? or was it something else.
Ironcially, he was trying to *open* the gate, so that he could get at Barnabus. He'd rolled the "attack the caster (or close if attack not possible)" option on the confusion spell. The caster would be Barnabus, and the only way to close with him was to get through the gate, so...

Great update BTW. I have to agree with Pyske that I'd love to read a super long update of the whole battle, but that is me.
Yeah, y'all say that, but I don't think you actually mean it. Especially given that this battle covered two whole sessions (played back-to-back over the course of one weeked). That's more than I'd want to read at once. Heck, it was more than I wanted to *run* at once...

Jackylhunter

First Post
Great update as always. Quick question about the spells Reyu is casting. I thought only clerics of Ehkt could cast fire spells, how come Reyu can cast flame sphere? Is she a druidic Ehkt worshiper??

Fajitas

Hold the Peppers
Jackylhunter said:
Quick question about the spells Reyu is casting. I thought only clerics of Ehkt could cast fire spells, how come Reyu can cast flame sphere? Is she a druidic Ehkt worshiper??
Any divine caster can cast fire spells; it's only arcanists who can't cast fire. Worshippers of any other god can cast fire spells for the same reason that you don't have to be Kettenite to cast raise dead, or Alirrian to cast healing spells, etc.

Also, an interesting and relevant tidbit, elves are pretty much exclusively pantheists in the Halmae. Try asking Reyu about humans who venerate one god about the others some times. She'll give you a big ol' honking pointy earfull.

Thus, a) Anvil can cast flaming sphere if he wanted to, and b) Reyu is an elven druid who worships Ehkt no more or less than she worships any of the other gods.

Remove ads