• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Welcome!

The_Universe

First Post
"You tell 'em I'm coming, and Hell's coming with me."

Welcome to the developing ground for a new campaign (currently untitled) set in the late 1800's of what, on the surface at least, appears to be the real world. We'll be using a combination of D20 Modern, Sidewinder: Recoiled, Grim Tales, Darwin's World, and D20 Past to help set the framework of this new campaign. The latter half of the 19th century was a strange confluence of the old and new worlds. Europe played out some of the last of their border wars while spreading colonies across the globe. Americans pursued their manifest destiny with an unbridled passion, and tamed an untamed continent in the process. By the end of the era, the world had become something that we could recognize as our own. But it took many brave, rough men and women to make it so.

With Victoria of England passed the last of many ancient traditions, and her death marks the birth of a recognizably modern earth. This is the era upon which we will focus. A time of war, sorrow, and heroism; a time of wilderness and civilization - a time of the last true frontiers.

But not all the wars made it into the history books. Some were fought on battlefields that few men will ever see. There is a world behind the world, and this will be part of our story, as well. Come with me, and make sure that old Colt Navy is loaded. There are things man was not meant to know. Kill them.

FAQ

What is this place?
This is a private forum hosted by ENworld, dedicated to the games being played and/or GMed by myself (The Universe) and my wife (Queen Dopplepopolis).

Can I post here?
If you're actively involved in one of our games, you're absolutely welcome to. Occaisonally, we'll also have discussions here that involve the "rest of the world." That being said, if you want to talk about RPGs in general, you'd be better off visiting EN World's wonderful non-private forums. We bought this forum to talk about our games, and though we'd love to see you if you want to play with us, this is really just a space for our groups' discussions.

Do I need a login/password other than my Enworld account?
No! We're technically open to all ENworld members, though as above - please leave most discussions to the members of this gaming group.

Well, what if I want to join?Just post a thread here with an inquiry about playing with us, and you'll be given due consideration as an addition. We might not have a space open, but it never hurts to check! If you just want to chat, please create a thread on ENworld's main discussion area.

Why is this called the Alexandria Adventurer's League? You live in Silver Spring!When we purchased this forum, we *did* live in Alexandria, and that's where the group met. Additonally, a great many of the "real" Alexandria's in the world make wonderful adventuring sites, and the sheer number of them mean that an Alexandria Adventurer's League could be almost anywhere on earth! In short, we tried to go for evocative, rather than accurate. ;)

Last edited:

Xath

Moder-gator
The_Universe said:
The normal forum rules still apply for Enworld. I should know, I just tried to post a swear word, but it wouldn't let me. CURSES!

But the benefit is, this thread still pads up our post count :)

Xath

Moder-gator
Happy 3 week anniversary, forum! Do you realize that we've posted almost 700 times on this forum since we got it? That would have been 2 threads in Talking the Talk. I love the forum. Everything is so much easier to find. :)

Laurel

First Post
Come on Gertie get to it....

Xath said:
Happy 3 week anniversary, forum! Do you realize that we've posted almost 700 times on this forum since we got it? That would have been 2 threads in Talking the Talk. I love the forum. Everything is so much easier to find. :)
Want to start one for resources? Then we can find that easy too :p

Remove ads