• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Werebears in Whitewolf's nWoD?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Within the new World of Darkness, are there rules for playing Werebears? I ask because I got inspired while watching an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger last night.

SWBaxter

First Post
Frukathka said:
Within the new World of Darkness, are there rules for playing Werebears?

I believe the answer is "no", but I don't have every supplement to be sure. The general take on the NWOD is that the werewolves are a unique type of critter, not just one of many changing breeds as they were in the older version.

Apparently there will be a forthcoming Changing Breeds (i.e. non-wolf weres) sourcebook for NWoD, penned by ex-Mage developer Phil Brucato among others, but no date has been announced.

KoOS

(un)reason

Legend
There are indeed. Skinchangers has rules for skinthieves, people who gain the abilty to shapeshift by wearing the skins of animals, and bears are one of the examples given. Plus if you want another type of werebears, war against the pure has rules for building all kinds of other werecreatures (ones built using these rules will be somewhat more powerfull, as skinthieves are built for mortal level chronicles, while WAtP is balanced for werewolf antagonists.) And as mentioned, changeing breeds looks like it'll have yet another take on the subject.

EditorBFG

Explorer
Old WoD had such rules. One of many ways in which the original version of the setting was superior. Of course, the new one has a way better base system.

I wonder how hard converting the old stats to the new system would be...

Remove ads