• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Werepaladin Optimization

Corsair

First Post
I like to keep a backup character well planned on the off chance my current character is offed / goes on an unwilling leave of absence. I'm currently building a 9th level character, and just on a lark decided to make a Werepaladin! I want to make a semi-powerful melee warrior, but primarily my goal is to surprise the other players when this unassuming paladin turns into a hybrid beastie.

My current plan is Human (Afflicted Werelion) paladin 2. (2 Pal + 5 HD + 2 LA) I know I could go paladin 1 and be a werebear, but that divine grace is calling to me. I plan on going into warshaper asap as well.

Also it should be noted that my DM is allowing me to take control shape as a class skill for the animal hit dice, because the character is knowingly and willfully undergoing the curse under the tutelage of another werepaladin NPC.

So here are the quick questions: Should I bother with the divine grace, or should I just go immediately into afflicted and then warshaper? If I decide to not bother with divine grace, I'll probably just go werebear instead of werelion.

Also, I'm looking for feat and equipment suggestions. Power attack is a must, but what about Improved Natural Armor? Also is there any way to increase my DR? (Going Natural Lycanthrope is not an option)

Remove ads