• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Westeros and Iron Heroes - Ideas?

Aus_Snow

First Post
Iron Heroes is very 'crunchy', A Game of Thrones much less so. It's almost entirely 'fluff' in fact. However, the system it does contain works very well for its intended use.

Green Ronin is apparently releasing A Song of Ice and Fire (the RPG) - which I gather will be more comprehensive, sequel-wise - though I'm not sure when that'll be, or what system it'll use. . .

There are also a number of other RPG options that might work about as well, if you're happy to do a bit more work.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Uzzy said:
Double ouch. Even with the dollar being so week against the pound, that's still a lot of cash for it. It may be a really good product, but that's still a lot. Might just be best to stick to doing it myself.

There are two copies at the FLGS for $30-ish.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Hm. It seems (some time) next year is the time for A Song of Ice and Fire. Apparently Green Ronin's system will be class- and level-free, heavily based on choice of skills or something like them, featuring as many tactical combat options as D&D 3e or more - and plenty of 'social combat' options. . . oh, and playing anything from a young squire to an ageing master should be doable and equally fun.

It sounds pretty cool so far, actually. :)

Pramas

Explorer
Aus_Snow said:
Green Ronin is apparently releasing A Song of Ice and Fire (the RPG) - which I gather will be more comprehensive, sequel-wise - though I'm not sure when that'll be, or what system it'll use. . .

A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is coming out next summer. We've designed a new system for it because we wanted something custom made for Westeros. You'll be hearing a lot more about this as we move into 2008.

morbiczer

First Post
Pramas said:
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is coming out next summer. We've designed a new system for it because we wanted something custom made for Westeros. You'll be hearing a lot more about this as we move into 2008.

I can't wait for this.

Who needs 4E if you guys bring out a new ASOIAF RPG? :)

Ace

Adventurer
Valaryian Blades in the GOT rpg work just like magic weapons in the Iron Heros rpg interestingly enough.

+1 to +3 and armor reduced by half

If you wanted Valaryian Armor in you game you might give it immunity to the AP effects of Valaryian Blades, +1 to +3 to protection and the effects of Mithril.

Stalker0

Legend
Let me say that while the AGOT d20 book is expensive, the good bound one is GORGEOUS!! It is the prettiest gaming book I've ever seen.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads