[WFRP] Through the Drakwald

Wilphe

Adventurer
Carlotta Female Human Camp Follower

"Carlotta Uberwald, I have heard talk of your actions, and after making Herr Kaufmann's acquaintance I thought I might get to know his companions," she fondles her bow, "I'm not too bad with this either, though probably not as good as you."

Her eyes occassionly dart to the ground, to see if anyone has decided to lighten their load by dropping anything that looks salvagable...

"So what is scion of a noble and ancient lineage doing in a place like this?"

jglamere

First Post
The first day and night of the march are uneventful, with the townsfolk keeping much to their self. Progress of the misfortunate convoy is tedious and slow, with carts and children to deal with, not to mention the lack of sufficient food.

Halfway through the second day you approach Grimminhagen. Without a word Hans shifts to lead the column around the ruins of the town. You’ve heard enough from the townsfolk to know the reason for this. The people of Untergard are not welcome in Grimminhagen and will find no solace there.

From the distance, Grimminhagen looks to be in even worse shape than Untergard. Chaos forces have completely sacked the place and it looks like little survives.

(OOC: Sorry for the late update guys.)

Karl Green

First Post
Jurgen von Schweitzer (Male Human Hunter)

Carlotta said:
"So what is scion of a noble and ancient lineage doing in a place like this?"

Jurgen face blushes a bit and he looks down at the group "Ah... we an't... far as I know my grand-pappy added the our last name. We was just pig farmers and foresters for the local lord, not one ourselves..." his voice trails off a bit

From the distance, Grimminhagen looks to be in even worse shape than Untergard. Chaos forces have completely sacked the place and it looks like little survives.

Jurgen spent most of the rest of the day just following and hanging back every now and again to make sure the group was not being followed. When they arrive on the outskirts of Grimminhagen, Jurgen will move up to the front of the caravan and shading his eye, get a better look at the ruins. “Should we be a checking it out for any ambushes or such Captain?” he asks Schiller. “Don’t like the look of this place at all…” he adds muttering to himself

jglamere

First Post
Karl Green said:

Should we be a checking it out for any ambushes or such Captain?” he asks Schiller. “Don’t like the look of this place at all…” he adds muttering to himself

Captain Schiller slows as the young hunter approaches.

I am confident in Hans’ ability to not lead us into an ambush. Hans briefed me on his passage through the Drakwald and while there are a few survivors in Grimmenhagen, they won’t want the people of Untergard in their village… and even if they did, these people wouldn’t go.

Catulle

Hero
Tobias Kaufmann (Male Human Soldier)

Tobias keeps pace with the displaced militiamen of Untergard throughout the first day on the trail, his mind flickering back to the long march from Middenleand to Ostland and beyond to the front and a place he was sure he would be killed. That familiar sense of inevitability does nothing to improve his mood and he falls into a begrudging silence, concentrating on placing one foot before the other, measuring out the distance and time, reluctant to engage with the ragged citizens for fear of spoiling what little cheer is left to them. We may yet live, or we may yet die. That much is in the hands of the gods, now.

The sight of Grimminhagen razed and ruined captures his attention with the all the festering singularity of a corpse found in the ditch. Jurgen's movement from the rear to the van of the column serves to reinforce the import, and Tobias picks up his pace to reach the hunter's heels as he addresses the captain. Prudent, to worry for ambush... but what threat could remain here, from these people? He recalls the sour disposition of even the mildest of the people of Untergard when their neighbours were mentioned during his stay there, bad blood here? Might the threat be seen to come from our number? Will Grimminhagen fear we've come to raid in desperation? He speaks hurriedly at Schiller's response, his eyes scowling across at the wrecked town.

"Captain, can we not send news of the warband to any survivors here? Even if we don't take shelter here we might do some good."

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Carlotta Uberwald Female Human Camp Follower

Carlotta waits and listens as Tobias and Jurgen talk to the Captian, eyeing up the distance to Gimmenhagen. Even if he says no I'm still going. They deserve a warning and I don't give a damn for any petty local politics

Wilphe

Adventurer

Carlotta shifts, claps and stamps gently as she waits on Schiller's reply

jglamere

First Post
Catulle said:
Tobias Kaufmann (Male Human Soldier)

"Captain, can we not send news of the warband to any survivors here? Even if we don't take shelter here we might do some good."

"Do what you will, but I will not take this caravan through the village to be belittled by the high up folk of Grimminhagen," replies the gruff Captain as he turns to take up his former position in the caravan.

(OOC: Sorry for being so slow with updates lately guys. I will try to start doing a better job of updating more often.)

Karl Green

First Post

Jurgen nods in agreement with the Captain, not overly keen about entering the village anyway. But he will stick somewhat close to the others if they deside to go and warn the people there... just in case there is trouble. He does not enter himself...

Wilphe

Adventurer

"Do as you must Captain. As shall I," Carlotta takes her leave and trudges off towards Grimminhagen.
We have the forces of chaos out to kill us all. We do not need to be at each others throat.

Remove ads