• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What 4e products have you purchased?

What 4e Products have you purchased?

• 4e PHB

Votes: 130 50.8%
  • 4e DMG

Votes: 105 41.0%
  • 4e MM

Votes: 106 41.4%
  • 4e 3 core rulebooks gift set

Votes: 131 51.2%
  • FR Campaign Guide

Votes: 88 34.4%
  • FR Players Guide

Votes: 94 36.7%
  • Adventurer's Vault

Votes: 124 48.4%
  • DM screen

Votes: 95 37.1%
  • DU1 Dungeon Tiles

Votes: 58 22.7%
  • 4e Character Sheets

Votes: 28 10.9%
  • 4e Premium Dice

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Against the Giants boosters

Votes: 71 27.7%
  • Other (Please explain below)

Votes: 77 30.1%

Skywalker

Adventurer
My original plan was to focus on adventures and rules books. However, the three Heroic modules were very bad IMO with their pure and inflexible dungeon structure. Adventurer's Vault looks to be 200 pages of magic items and again I find that to be very dull.

On saying that, the FR setting stuff really surprised me. I wasn't really intending to get it but the Campaign Guide was nicely done with it combining with Scepter Tower to make the best and most flexible of the adventures to date. I also found the PG to be excellent and the PG/CG split to be well thought out. Together the three FR books give me more PC options, setting, more monsters and the best adventure yet.

So, my plan now is to focus on the three setting books and the odd core book like the PHB2 and Manual of the Planes. However, I will probably avoid most core books and the adventures.

Hussar

Legend
While the percentages might be wonky, the numbers are interesting to me.

Almost as many people bought the Adventurers Vault book as any other book (or bundle). I'd say that that makes AV pretty darn popular. One of the larger complaints about 4e is that after the initial shine wore off, later splat books would be less popular.

I'd love to see this same poll again around Christmas, adding in the next round of supplements, to see if the numbers come off similar or not.

Imaro

Legend
While the percentages might be wonky, the numbers are interesting to me.

Almost as many people bought the Adventurers Vault book as any other book (or bundle). I'd say that that makes AV pretty darn popular. One of the larger complaints about 4e is that after the initial shine wore off, later splat books would be less popular.

I'd love to see this same poll again around Christmas, adding in the next round of supplements, to see if the numbers come off similar or not.

I don't know about drawing that type of conclusion from these numbers either way...I mean the 4e PHB, MM and DMG all hit the bestsellers list, but I haven't seen AV, FRPG or FRCG hit those lists, in fact I'm wondering just how big the disparity between what the casual or average gamer of 4e buys and what the hardcore 4e gamer (enworlder) buys actually is. (especially since according to this poll, as of right now, AV is outselling the DMG and MM)

I will say I'm shocked at how many people actually purchased the character sheets, I mean from what I hear they are almost universally regarded as sub-par...it makes me wonder if this was a case of pre-ordering before the comments, the "collector"' mentality or something else.

wedgeski

Adventurer
I will say I'm shocked at how many people actually purchased the character sheets, I mean from what I hear they are almost universally regarded as sub-par...it makes me wonder if this was a case of pre-ordering before the comments, the "collector"' mentality or something else.
As a whole I thought the char sheet product was worth the money. There's nothing particularly exciting about a stock sheet you could have printed off yourself, but the blank perforated power cards are very useful. Not everyone has the time or inclination to do this stuff themselves.

AFGNCAAP

First Post
The core books giftset, Keep of the Shadowfell, the DM screen, and recently, Adventurer's Vault.

I intend to get the modules that follow KotS (it'll help me get a better understanding of how adventures work in 4e). I may get some setting-specific books only if rules for classes & races in those books don't crop up in the line of PHBs or the like (I intend to stick with a homebrew setting, but I want to allow options like Drow and Artificers & the like).

brunswick

First Post
Although the 4th Edition stuff has grown on me (the screen is amazing, havent started the adventures yet and dont have an opinion on those yet) I dont feel the same level of excitment about the game as previous editions and I am unlikely to buy more 4th Ed rulebooks (even if its labelled as Players Handbook 2, 3 or whatever). I do intend to buy more miniatures and adventures though...

Remove ads