• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What apocalypse would you want to "deal with"?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Technically, Rapture is only Jebus appearing and saying "To me my X-men" before he takes off around the world with his saints in an airship from where he nukes cities (using the arc of the covenant in order to "smite evil") before pressing the galactic reset button. The whole people being beamed into heaven was something some Puritan made up.

Personally, I think that would be a terrifying Apocalypse and one I would like to see just cause it all would play out like a video game / comic book / anime series where the bad guy (with good intentions) wins.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
Having played some Cataclysm DDA recently, I don't rate my chances in a zombie apocalypse very highly.

If Biblical Rapture were simply "all true believers being beamed up to Heaven", without the accompanying "last great war of Heaven versus Hell", that'd be a good option - the problem with the "pandemic plague" option is that, once the corpses start rotting, urban areas become breeding grounds of all sorts of nasty subsidiary diseases.

Nytmare

David Jose
Apocalypse by snu snu?

XjxL8rB.gif

DesOps

First Post
Well since the zombie apocalypse has already come and left people disappointed that it was just texting, Zynga games and Candy Crush...

I would have to go with a massive biological or chemical weapon of war destroying pretty much everyone. Personal/group bubble ecosystems can be set up at intervals and you can survive outside with respirators and hazard suits. Minimal structural damage would also make scavenging easy.

Remove ads