• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Are Companies Exclusively Releasing First At Gen Con 2003?

johncolossus

First Post
We all know about Unearthed Arcana from Monte Cook as being released first at Gen Con. I was just wondering what other goodies that we need to spend our money on will be seen at Gen Con before anywhere else? Be good if we can get alist from all the exhibitors!
Cheers

MEG Hal

First Post
We will have a few items:
MEG will have a few July/August releases that may show up first at GenCon and some that are for GenCon (Siege on Ebonring Keep)

Arcana Unearthed: Siege on Ebonring Keep a 144 page + mega adventure for one of the newest and most innovative new settings around.

Players Archive a 32 page players journal that is 3.5 compatable.

1A: Hommlet of Thumble Open World Press first foray through MEG, a great adventure sourcebook 64 pages and compatable with 3.5.

Giant Monster Rampage II: World War a sequel to the hit Giant Monster Rampage (non-d20).

Just released will be Artificer's Handbook alternate magic creation system in the Arcane Mystery line--108 pages (I think).

SJ

Explorer
awesome thread...hope it takes off

Hal, is there a 'save me one' list for Siege on Ebonring Keep? I've got games ALL DAY on Thursday & Friday, but I can't leave Indy w/out my copy. It may be Saturday before I get to the vendor booths and if you're sold....out.....(sniff)

Just curious.

Hey Fiery Dragon, will Plague of Dreams be at Indy?

SJ

MEG Hal

First Post
SJ said:
awesome thread...hope it takes off

Hal, is there a 'save me one' list for Siege on Ebonring Keep? I've got games ALL DAY on Thursday & Friday, but I can't leave Indy w/out my copy. It may be Saturday before I get to the vendor booths and if you're sold....out.....(sniff)

Just curious.

Hey Fiery Dragon, will Plague of Dreams be at Indy?

SJ

We are bringing A LOT of copies so no worries, and I am 99% sure FD's PoD will also be an August (GenCon) release.

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
A couple of 'fun' books - the Slayer's Guide to Games Masters and, of course, Macho Women with Guns.

I am also rather hoping B5's Earth Alliance Fact Book (big 200 page hardback) will be ready by then too. . .

HyrumOWC

First Post
We'll have Solid!: The D20 Blaxploitation Experience (d20 Modern) out for GenCon, Paris: The Spectral City (Forbidden Kingdoms), and The Secret of Zir'An, a non-D20 "modern" fantasy game. (For more info on Zir'An, check out: http://www.paragongames.us)

Countdown: Operation Dead Drop, Mercenaries: Born of Blood, and our D20 Modern GM's Screen will be out in just a few weeks at Origins.

Hyrum.

Mystic Eye

First Post
MEG Hal said:
We will have a few items:
MEG will have a few July/August releases that may show up first at GenCon and some that are for GenCon (Siege on Ebonring Keep)

Arcana Unearthed: Siege on Ebonring Keep a 144 page + mega adventure for one of the newest and most innovative new settings around.

Players Archive a 32 page players journal that is 3.5 compatable.

1A: Hamlet of Thumble Open World Press first foray through MEG, a great adventure sourcebook 64 pages and compatable with 3.5.

Giant Monster Rampage II: World War a sequel to the hit Giant Monster Rampage (non-d20).

Just released will be Artificer's Handbook alternate magic creation system in the Arcane Mystery line--108 pages (I think).

Well, barring a catastrophic event we made it. All five books that will be our July releases (two were supposed to be June but oh well) are being printed as we speak.

I am particularly thrilled about the end results of Siege on Ebonring Keep for Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed. It turned absolutely wonderful and I hope that we did Monte and Sue proud with their partner selection. This is a JAM PACKED 144 page campaign adventure that should take characeter from 1st to 5th level and even has tie ins to Fiery Dragon's upcoming Plague of Dreams, an introductory adventure for the Diamond Throne setting.
The material that makes up Arcana Unearthed is very inspiring and our writers truly enjoyed the creation of the adventure.

The Player's Archive turned out sweet. It is a 32 page character record and journal and is the first of hopefully many collaborations with Mr. Phil Reed who designed the Archive. He will also be supporting it with 11 add-ons that will be at RPGnow.com and that cover specifics for the 11 classes.
You might be saying "what the heck do I need a 32 PAGE character sheet for?" Wait and see, you will really like it.

Hamlet of Thumble, the first product based on our imprint partnership with Ed Cha and Open World Press will be there and you can read tons of pre-release reviews at Gamewyrd, Here, and Gamingreport.com. It is a really nice treatment of a Halfling community and has a unique approach to adventure by showing how the adventure plays out for both good and evil characters. There is tons more to it as well.

Aritificers Handbook is done and presents a very solid alternate magic item creation system that is not based on expending XP. It covers a lot of ground and I think it may become the "other way" to create items in d20.

Well, Giant Monster Rampage 2 is not an RGP or even d20 but it is the other release and is the follow up to our very, very popular Giant Monster Rampage.

These will ALL be released at Gen Con in limited quantity but will be in retail stores everywhere shortly after.

Remove ads