What are some quick low level adventures?

Hans Foodler

First Post
I'm looking for some quick, preferably low-level adventures, set in or around small towns and a wilderness area. They can be from any edition or variant, as I'm prepared to make conversions/changes. I'm starting a 5th edition homebrew campaign in a geographically insulated area like Two-Rivers (Wheel of Time) or the Shire (Hobbit), and would like to have some small adventures to keep in my back pocket to use as potential side treks. They don't have to be great, but anything truly inspiring will more-than-likely make its way into the larger narrative.

For 5e, Goodman Games has put out Glitterdoom and The Fey Sisters’ Fate, both for low levels. From older editions, Necromancer Games’ Crucible of Freya is good. If you want to go really old school, the Village of Hommlet is a classic and would easily fit in your described location.

Gilladian

Adventurer
You might look at Quests of Doom (there are now 2 volumes of them - and the 1st one is broken into two books, so it is extra-confusing); there are a number of good low-level adventures in them. I especially liked Bad Moon Rising, which is for 4-6th lvls.

CRJohnston

First Post
Keep on the Borderlands/Caverns of Chaos. It's low level, easy to change, open ended but with enough structure to keep everyone moving. I don't know if they have a version specifically for 5e yet but you can convert it from any edition with little trouble. 1d4 kobolds still means 1d4 kobolds after all.

Hans Foodler

First Post
Thanks for all the recommendations. I have 8 years worth of a Dungeon magazine subscription, but it's super daunting to comb through all those issues.

skelekon

Explorer
"Prey for Smiley Bob" by Chris Perkins from Dungeon 205. Simple introductory adventure.

"Some Assembly Required" by Jobe Bittman from Dungeon 208. Kobold Dungeon with about 10 encounters, set in the same area (Harkenwold in the Nentir Vale).

"Reavers of Harkenwold" from the 4E DMs Kit. Highly regarded longer adventure set in the same area.

Remove ads