• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E What are the options for living without DDI?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Yeah, WotC has more-or-less said that they will leave 4e up and running, but will not be adding anything or updating anything. So what is up there is all there is, but it will stay up there.
For what that is worth.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Yeah, WotC has more-or-less said that they will leave 4e up and running, but will not be adding anything or updating anything. So what is up there is all there is, but it will stay up there.
For what that is worth.

I do believe there is one more update scheduled for March 2014.

And, yeah, I hope they continue the support. I resubscribed in October 2013 knowing I wasn't going to be getting the magazines any more but purely for the sake of the 4E tools. Don't let me down, WotC....

Myrhdraak

Explorer
Personally I have started to gather all the 4th Edition material into a number of dedicated compendiums where I have all the available material on the topic, with all available data up to date, while still keeping the look-and-feel of the original books. So far I have created:
For the DM:
- 4th Editions Rules Compendium
- 4th Editions Skills Compendium
- 4th Editions Feats Compendium
- 4th Editions Rituals Compendium
For my players:
- 4th Editions Fighter Powers Compendium
- 4th Editions Wizard Powers Compendium
- 4th Editions Cleric Powers Compendium
- 4th Editions Paladin Powers Compendium
- 4th Editions Rogue Powers Compendium
- 4th Editions Ranger Powers Compendium
- 4th Editions Barbarian Powers Compendium
- 4th Editions Druid Powers Compendium

So tar the Power compendiums are from 1st to 10th level.
I am planning to do a 4th Edition Equipment compendium as well (not including magic items)

It has worked very well, and I use them when playing these Days.

/Myrhdraak

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
[MENTION=6694190]Myrhdraak[/MENTION]: Yeah, I plan to do something similar. My first priority is simply saving all the pages from the Compendium. It's mindless, tedious, but super-easy to do so I can do while also doing other things. From there it's just a matter of creating Word documents similar to the list you provided.

However, part of me is still hoping that WotC will get its act together and offer all three DDi tools for sale as electronic downloads. (I know they won't as they don't have the skills to do this... but I still live in hope.)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I can guaran-damn-tee you that if they offered a printed version of the classes, feats, races & powers that appeared only online- errata included- I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

The rest I don't care about, one way or the other.

piffany

First Post
This is pretty important to me, as well. "Just use the books" is in no way an adequate answer, IMO. As a DM, I believe in letting the robots help me with my campaigns. And my observation is that particularly for novice players being able to play "what if" with the character builder is hugely, hugely helpful and engaging to them.

I have a partial list of tools that I'd like to post here that I have found to be somewhat useful. But I can't post them yet until my post count is a bit higher. Sorry.

Last edited:

Remove ads