• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What are the rules of the game? Building 5e One leak at a time

Selfishly, I am trying to find one central repository of all the hard rules we know about "D&D Next" because I need to start a new campaign NOW, and the game rules are still under wraps.

Does such a thing exist - a place where all the latest known information regarding 5e crunch can be contained, maintained, and slain? In the pre-3e days there was such a document floating around. I cannot remember if there was for 4th, but we could sure such a document now.

In nonesuch exist I propose using this thread (or starting a new one) for just that purpose. - to list, and update, all the mechanics of D&D Next as they develop. Come here to find the rules to play the game (to the best of our knowledge, being pre-release and all.)

mkill

Adventurer
Enworld has this:
EN World: Your Daily RPG Magazine: Your Daily RPG Magazine

But it's not enough to build a campaign, or even an inofficial playtest session on.

Frankly, it's not even publicly known how far 5E is evolved within WotC. And it's impossible to say whether even the current version at WotC R&D is sufficiently evolved that a campaign based on it would not require major overhaul when the printed version appears.

For now, just use your favorite flavor of D&D and convert to 5E when it's there.

underfoot007ct

First Post
Selfishly, I am trying to find one central repository of all the hard rules we know about "D&D Next" because I need to start a new campaign NOW, and the game rules are still under wraps.

Does such a thing exist - a place where all the latest known information regarding 5e crunch can be contained, maintained, and slain? In the pre-3e days there was such a document floating around. I cannot remember if there was for 4th, but we could sure such a document now.

In nonesuch exist I propose using this thread (or starting a new one) for just that purpose. - to list, and update, all the mechanics of D&D Next as they develop. Come here to find the rules to play the game (to the best of our knowledge, being pre-release and all.)

Yes, There is such a place............EnWorld, look under 'D&D 5E Info'.

There is just not that much public info out yet,
You could play 5E at PaxEast in Boston. :D

A

amerigoV

Since every new edition is characterized as "videogamey", here are all the rules you need.:

1. Player rolls a d20 - they succeed. Autocrit every other roll.
2. Enemies never hit.
3. If PC dies, reload.

Hmmm - that's a pretty sweet set of rules, come to think of it.

Remove ads