• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are you doing with the money you aren't spending on gaming products?

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I've been gaming for 16 years or so and I'd say I've spent maybe $300-400 TOTAL on gaming books, dice, etc in that time. 3E core books. 4 Ghelspad books. Shadowrun core book. 3.5 core books. GURPS core book. 1st Edition Exalted Book. 2nd Edition Exalted book. 3 sets of dice.

As a group (roughly 12-15 of us over those years), I'd say we've spent a total of maybe $1000 to 1500 on roleplaying stuff, $2000 tops. I'd guess, aside from when new editions of DnD come out and we buy all 3 core books, our group as a whole buys about 1 book every 3 month to a year.

I imagine we're on the low end of gaming groups since we don't buy minis, premade adventures, dungeon tiles, or anything like that - mostly just core books for various RPGs. The RPG industry hasn't made much from us.

~$1500 / ~15 years = ~$100 per year from our group, less than $10 a year per person...

Hard to imagine some people spending $100 up to $250 per month on it.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My FLGS has my number on speed dial.

Once upon a time, my FLGS had a policy of requiring main office approval (they have 8 locations) for any check written for more than $100.

After 2 years of going to the particular location nearest my house, every time that manager called for approval, the first question the main office would ask was "Is it (me)? Yeah? He's OK."

After 1 more year, I had a standing exception to the company policy.

After 1 more year, the company got rid of the policy.

Remove ads