• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Are You Interested In?

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
I asked this over on the Pelgrane Press Forums.

For those of you that do not know me, my name is Dale C. McCoy, Jr. I'm President of Jon Brazer Enterprises. We have numerous high quality releases for both Pathfinder and Traveller RPGs. We are looking to expand into the 13th Age game space as a publisher of unofficial products.

We would like your opinion on what you would like to see. As I said, we release unofficial 13th Age material so we cannot make material that directly involves the 13th Age setting. However, we can release material that easily works with the setting. For example: our first release: Book of Beasts: Monsters of the Great Druid refers to the High Druid of the setting, but we cannot work with the High Druid so we called that icon the Great Druid.

So what would you like to see? Do you want to see adventures or GM aids to help you make your own adventures? Do you want new races or more detail on existing races? Do you want new classes or new options for existing classes? Do you have other ideas? Are you are only interested in material from Pelgrane/Fire Opal or are you interested in material written for 13th Age from other companies, such as my own company? Do you like PDF releases or is it dead to you if it is not in print?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Adventures, adventures, adventures. That's always my answer to these sorts of questions - by far I find that adventures are the things I look for in a supported game, whether official or not.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
The way to sell is make materials for players,way more of them them GMs
I appreciate the advise, but that was not what I was asking. I was asking, "What do you want?" 'Player material' is a large field. It can also be very lonely if no one is looking for player material, hence why I am asking, "What do you want?"

landovers

First Post
I'd personally like to see, in order of preference:

1. New classes and more options for existing classes
2. Adventures
3. Setting material (I assume you can invent your own icons and use the existing icon relationship rules, correct? That would be very cool)
4. Bestiaries

Because the math and the levels are so different from all recent editions of D&D, both monsters and adventures will help a lot. Especially adventures, since some of us do appreciate not having to do the work of adapting existing adventure paths.

You really don't have to set the adventures in the Dragon Empire setting - they could just as well be a more "points-of-light" setting like in 4e, or they could just be generic.

morgurth

Villager
It's a lot of work, but I do like reading campaign setting materials. That way, you can make your own Icons and relationships.

I'd also be interested in seeing 13th Age used but in different settings. (i.e. cyberpunk, far future, etc).

Balesir

Adventurer
In no particular order:

- Settings outlines (Icons, outline conceptual geography, essential political setup, that kind of thing)

- Adventures

- Systems for making social and exploration challenges as exciting and involving as combat, as optional modules

The last one, particularly, is a big ask - the only place I have seen either done so far is in a computer game (Crusader Kings II) using a host of modifiers. A simple(r) version for TT play would be very fine indeed.

If I had the ability to directly request books, here is what MY group would want/need:

1)A new campaign setting, complete with new Icons that are not just reskins. I would even expand what the Icons can be, and have at least 1 organization as an ICON (no one person) and something that just shows how big the idea could be. (I would totally go for a large scale planar post apocalypse... something like if the rifts story hit a high magic fantasy world instead of a tech one.)

2) Additional powers for the classes. This should be easy, but make sure to make them fun and flavorful.

3) A small adventure path. Something like a 3-4 module story going from level 2-6.

4) ICON dice, symbols and blanks so that when rolling those d6's you can see right away the results.

free campaign idea (PM me if interested in more): An Arthurian legends rip off camalot style kingdom, and an evil orc/demonologist kingdom are at war, when the evil kingdom drops a magic nuke destroying a town, but the magic backlash opens up planar rifts. The first thing these rifts do is throw 5-10 cities into the planes, and replace them with planer cities. A smaller city of brass full of dijinn, a demon/devil city from the abyss, a fey city, ect, Then have the energy create a series of rifts that lead not to planes, but to other planets in the solar system, two of witch are dead worlds that have ruins of old civilatiaons, one of witch is full of aberration type monsters. You can

Your new ICons can be the once and fut king, the Orc lich, the rulers of each planar city, and the new organization that is basicly an explorers guild.

Remove ads